BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, March 1, 2013

Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge March 2013

 

I was sure I had already done a post for this challenge but I can't find it if I did. It's hosted by Kimba at Kimba the Caffeinated. You can still sign up if you'd like.

So, if you come around often, you know I have a huge tbr pile. According to goodreads, I have almost 900 books to be read. Yes, you read that right, almost 900. Now, that number includes print and digital, review and pleasure, books I own and books I don't yet own or will get from the library. I also have print books that I haven't yet entered on goodreads but that haven't been read yet so the real number of unread books is even higher.

With so many books, it's been hard to decide what to read, but for now, I think I'll focus on books that I have won and library books. I may change my mind during the month; I'm sure I'll read others while not reading some on the list.
 


My tentative reading list:

10 comments:

  1. Good luck, Bea! 900+ books sounds really scary ;) From your list I'm definitely recommending gail Carriger and Pip Ballantine - really entertaining reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt I'll enjoy Carriger's book and the other one looks good. I'm looking forward to them.

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I thought I was bad with my 354 unread books (only print, don't get me started on the e-books and children books :p) I haven't read any of those books in your list, but I really liked Gail Carriger's Soulless and I've heard great things about her Etiquette and Espionage :)

    Good luck and happy reading! :D
    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have children's books on my TBR pile. :D I certainly have no lack of reading material :D

      Delete
  3. All the best with slaying that mighty 900 BP (Book Points) Beasty, Bea.

    Currently I'm trying to get up to date with my pile so that I get to all the newest titles as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll do it :) I...will slay some, maybe a nose or ear. :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, I wish I had a library that has fantastic books on the shelves like yours.
    Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library does have an excellent selection but they're also part of a regional library network and they can order books from other locations and I can pick them up at any location I choose. It's heaven!

      Delete
  5. Bea..i refuse to count mine..i really do. My goal is to start with my most recent purchases and make my way backward, since a lot of books I bought are part of series, and i need to keep them caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I've become obsessed with tracking mine. It's a form of self-torture :D

      I have a lot of series I need to catch up on and I did consider doing those. Maybe next time. :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!