Bea's Book Nook
BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Reading to Win is a monthly challenge I started last year. The idea is to read the books you've won or received as a gift. All genres, all formats, all lengths count; the only requirement is that you won it, online or offline, or that it was given to you, prior to January 1, 2016. It runs February 1st to February 29th, 2016.
Don't have a blog? No problem, make a dedicated shelf at goodreads, and link to it.
For all of you of all ages who love picture books but find they don't qualify for your other challenges, or just want an excuse to read them. . .here's a challenge just for you!
- Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Sign up is now through December 1, 2016.
- Read picture books.
- Pick a number and go for it. Twelve too easy? Go for 20. Piece of cake? Go for 40.
- Books you own and library check outs count. So do ebooks and re-reads.
- Please post about the challenge and sign up with a direct link.
- A blog is not necessary, just link to where you talk about the challenge or a dedicated public shelf at goodreads or LibraryThing.
- Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences for your review. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the artwork was dreary. It was disappointing." I'll post a link up post each month for those who want to share. Reviews are not necessary but would be nice so we know which ones to read ourselves. :)
I Love Libraries was formerly hosted by Book Dragon's Lair. She's cutting back her challenge hosting for 2016 and passed the baton to me. This challenge is one of several library challenges I've done since started my blog so I'm delighted to be hosting.
Finishing the Series was formerly hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews and is now hosted by me. We all start a series or six and then get behind for one reason or another. This challenge will help you catch up.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
I've been waiting for this to post; I have lots of books to give away and I've been counting the days until it could happen! Thanksgiving seemed like a good day to give away books. I'm grateful to all of you who visit, read, and comment. Without you, Jax, Steph, and I would just be talking to ourselves. :D
I'm also grateful to authors and publishers who choose to send me books to review or giveaway and who offer to work with me. Today's books are courtesy of St. Martin's Press Romance, Avon Books, Witness, and Minotaur Press.
It's Thanksgiving here in the US; a day to be grateful for what you have. I am grateful, among other things, for good health, a home, family, friends, cats, books, a job, and all the wonderful people I meet through blogging.
From our house to yours, wherever you and whatever you celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving!
Bea, Claude, and Goof