BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 17, 2020

BOOK BEGINNINGS AND FRIDAY 56 - Bitter Falls by Rachel Caine

I'm participating in two Friday book memes, Book Beginnings On Fridays, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice.

I'm a few pages into Bitter Falls, a thriller by Rachel Caine. This series is dark, intense, and fantastic. I am a little concerned with the new direction the series is taking, but I trust the author.


Book Beginnings Rules:

Every Friday, share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

It was just coming up morning when they fetched him from the cell.

Hmm, who's in the cell, and why? What's his crime? This is from the prologue so it'll probably be a few chapters before we get any information.

Friday 56 Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your ereader. If you have to improvise, that is okay.
*Find a snippet, short and sweet.
*Post it, and add the url to your post at the Link here.here.


The quote is from 56%  in the ebook.

Sam steps into it. Into my chaos and rage and fear. He puts his hands on my face, and the touch stills me a little. Centers me.

Having seen Gwen's rage in earlier books, I think that Sam is exceptionally brave. Also, he loves her deeply. I'm both nervous and eager to get to that point in the story and find out what's going on.



What book are you embarking on? Please share in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. I love both snippets, though both are very different from one another. Sounds like a page turner! I added you to the linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hand on the face stills her? It would frighten me. Hope the book is living up to the hype. My Friday quotes from NORMAL PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's her lover and significant other. Anyone else touching her would just rile her up more.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink! I hope you enjoy your reading time this weekend :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I have the first book in the series and I need to make time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should. It's dark but enthralling and fascinating.

      Delete
  5. I've read Stillhouse Lake, in this series, so I am definitely curious about this one. Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Caine's fantasy, so I need to read more of her stuff. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both the opening sentence and the teaser. Thanks for posting on Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Caine's books have been calling me since her first book and this is another one that looks great. Thanks for sharing the teasers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check them out; They're fantastic.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!