BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Friday 56 Kitty in the Underworld by Carrie Vaughn

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I just started reading an urban fantasy, "Kitty in the Underworld", by Carrie Vaughn. I have the newest one for review and realized I hadn't read this one yet so I got it from the library. The quote is from page 56  in the paperback.



You didn't drug and kidnap someone, then lock them into a dark room and leave them there for no reason.

What do you think,would you keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. You shouldn't drug or kidnap anyone period! Ha ha! An interesting teaser though!

    ​​​​Sparrow's 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Friday 56 excerpt makes me wonder what this book is about. That's a big "kitty" on the book's cover!
    My Friday post features THE TIGER QUEENS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a were-lion. The Kitty in question is actually the woman, who's a werewolf.

      Delete
  3. Okay, now I am definitely curious, and isn't it great when the library can provide the books we haven't yet read, but need to read before the hot new book on our stack?

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WINTER STREET”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library has come to my rescue several times. :)

      Delete
  4. Very intriguing 56. I love the cover with the lion! Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: The Small Fortune of Dorothea Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the excerpt! This is not my genre but that 56 makes me want to try this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, start at the beginning with book one if you do!

      Delete
  6. I like this series!! Though I have only read the first one, lol, I should get on things ey...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never read this series, but I've heard alot about it. I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!