BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Saturday, September 6, 2014

August Challenge Wrap Up

Wrap Up

I went a bit nuts this year with challenges; I hope I can accomplish them all. The only one I'm not tracking is my goodreads reading challenge; all the rest I'll include in my monthly wrap up post.

During the summer I also participated in the COYER Summer Vacation challenge, it ended September 5th. 

Grab a drink, get comfy, and get ready! 

Reading BINGO Challenge

I haven't hit Bingo yet but I'm filling up the squares so maybe next month I'll get the first one.

I forgot to track this one last month.  :(

TOTAL: 16

Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge - Goal: 1-5

none last month

 TOTAL: 5

Erotic Romance Challenge - Goal: 12

1. Lucas by D.B. Reynolds
2. Perfect Chemistry by Jodi Redford

WHOO HOO! Making progress. :D I've already read one this week that counts for September so I'm halfway to goal with 4 months to go.

TOTAL: 5

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge - Goal: 3 series  Revised Goal: 6 8 10


1.  Lucas by D.B. Reynolds (Vampires in America)
2.  The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire (October Daye) 
3.  Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson)
4. Visions by Kelley Armstrong (Cainsville)


TOTAL: 28 books, 9 series completed, 1 series to go!  (Finished - Kitty Norville, October Daye, Mercy Thompson, Ashfall, Midnight Magic Mystery, Coming Home, The Clifton Chronicles, The Iron Druid, Cainsville)

What An Animal Reading Challenge - Goal: 7-12

1.  Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs 
2. Summer Break Blues by J.A. Campbell

TOTAL: 33

Cruising Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge - Goal: 13 or more

1. Clam Wake by Mary Daheim
2. Bewitching Boots by Joyce & Jim Lavene

TOTAL: 20

I Love Library Book Reading Challenge - Goal: 18

1. Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey
2. The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott

TOTAL: 29

Just For Fun Reading Challenge - Goal: 12, 1 a month  

1. Against the Edge by Kat Martin

TOTAL: 8

COYER SUMMER VACATION - GOAL: As many as possible

1. The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott
2. Burning Love by Cassandra Carr
3. Quick Secrets for Parenting Toddlers by Monica McBride
4. Dragons Wild by Robert Asprin
5. The Feral Child by Che Golden
6. Radical Reflections: Passionate Opinions on Teaching, Learning, and Living by Mem Fox
7. Falling for Max by Shannon Stacey
8. Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper
9. Bewitching Boots by Joyce & Jim Lavene
10. Make Way for Literacy! Teaching the Way Young Children Learn by Gretchen Owoki
11. Visions by Kelley Armstrong
12. Perfect Chemistry by Jodi Redford
13. Against the Edge by Kat Martin
14. Clam Wake by Mary Daheim
15. Mean Streak by Sandra Brown 
16. Summer Break Blues by J.A. Campbell
17. Limelight by K. Ball
18. Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey
19. Burning Love by Cassandra Carr
20. Lucas by D.B. Reynolds
21. Remains of Innocence by J.A. Jance
22. Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs
23. The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
24. Love on the Boardwalk by Christi Barth (blog review to come)
25. Cursed by Angela Addams (blog review to come)

TOTAL: 54 :)

10 comments:

  1. Phew, that's a lot of challenges, but you seem to be on track ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am, in spite of my ambition. :D

      Delete
  2. Whew! You really did go challenge crazy. Fun though :) I've got to get a move on like you and finish mine up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to cut back next year. I also need to link my reviews up at your blog. :D

      Delete
  3. Great job! I need to get more organized about my challenges. I created a page but I need to be better about updating. The bingo challenge interests me. It sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The BINGO challenge is fun and also definitely a challenge. :D It's not too late to sign up for it if you want.

      Delete
  4. Bea, you are totally rocking these! I'm impressed - especially with the series reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series one is the one I'm most pleased about; it was just the kick in the butt I needed to catch up on some series. :)

      Delete
  5. I quit challenges earlier this year when I changed my reading method, but I'm starting to get the itch again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did FANTASTIC with all these Challenges, esp COYER :) I can't believe we had 700+ reviews on the linky. You guys totally blew it up! I can't wait for the Winter one...Oops did I say to much ;) shhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!