BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Saturday, August 2, 2014

June and July Challenge Wrap Up

Wrap Up

I went a bit nuts this year with challenges; I hope I can accomplish them all. The only one I'm not tracking is my goodreads reading challenge; all the rest I'll include in my monthly wrap up post. This month I did a personal challenge (I'm not tracking) to read mostly books that I won or was gifted but I did sneak in a few review books and other books.

During the summer I'm also participating in the COYER Summer Vacation challenge, it runs into September. 

Grab a drink, get comfy, and get ready! 

Reading BINGO Challenge

I've slowed down with this one and I'm not sure I'll finish but I haven't given up.

A Forgotten Classic - Bob, Son of Battle, by Sir Alfred Ollivant, translated by Lydia Davis.
A Book That Is More Than 10 Years Old - Much More Than the ABCs: The Early Stages of Reading and Writing by 

TOTAL: 16

Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge - Goal: 1-5

1. Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman
2.  Home Improvement: Undead Edition
 TOTAL: 5 I did it!

Erotic Romance Challenge - Goal: 12

1. Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice

TOTAL: 3

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge - Goal: 3 series  Revised Goal: 6  9

I am rocking this challenge! It's been the kick in the butt I needed to catch up on some fave series that I'd fallen behind and one that I just started this year. I have 2 more series I want to finish this year. I can do this!!!!

1. Shattered by Kevin Hearne
2. Home Improvement: Undead Edition (Mercy Thompson, October Daye)
3. Be Careful What You Wish For by Jeffrey Archer
4. Forbid the Sea by Seanan McGuire
5. In Sea-Salt Tears by Seanan McGuire
6. A Fantasy Medley 2 (October Daye)
7. Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn
8. Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire
9. Never Shines the Sun by SeananMcGuire
10. The Urban Fantasy Anthology (Kitty Norville)
11. Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire
12. One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire

TOTAL: 24 books; 8 series completed (3 have new books coming out this fall but I'm caught up until then) (Kitty Norville, October Daye, Mercy Thompson, Ashfall, Midnight Magic Mystery, Coming Home, The Clifton Chronicles, The Iron Druid)

What An Animal Reading Challenge - Goal: 7-12 New Goal: 13 or more

1.  Alfred Ollivant's Bob, Son of Battle: The Last Gray Dog of Kenmuir by Lydia Davis 
2.  Home Improvement: Undead Edition
3. A Biscuit, A Casket by Liz Mugavero
4. I Say Yes! I Say No! (blog review to come) by Harriet Ziefert
5. 10 Little Fish by Harriet Ziefert
6. Sleepy Barker (blog review to come) by Harriet Ziefert
7. It's Raining Cats and Frogs! (blog review to come) by Harriet Ziefert
8. Little Roja Riding Hood by Susan Middleton Elya
9. Murder, She Barked by Krista Davis 
10. Chu's Day by Neil Gaiman

TOTAL: 31

Cruising Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge - Goal: 13 or more

1. Murder, She Barked by Krista Davis
2. A Biscuit, A Casket by Liz Mugavero
3. Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman
4. Death Comes to Town by K.J. Emrick
5. Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau

TOTAL: 18!

I Love Library Books Reading Challenge - Goal: 18

1. Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb
2. Shattered by Kevin Hearne
3. Home Improvement: Undead Edition
4. Be Careful What You Wish For by Jeffrey Archer
5. Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau
6. The Book of Ballads by Charles Vess 
7. The Urban Fantasy Anthology
8. A Fantasy Medley 2
9. After Dead by Charlaine Harris
10. The Collector by Nora Roberts

TOTAL: 27 I Did It!

Just For Fun Reading Challenge - Goal: 12, 1 a month  

June:  After Dead by Charlaine Harris
July:  Home Improvement: Undead Edition

TOTAL: 7

COYER Summer Vacation Challenge - Goal: as many as I can :D

1. Memento Mori
2. Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb
3.  Shattered by Kevin Hearne
4. Temptation Bay by Anna Sullivan
5.  Alfred Ollivant's Bob, Son of Battle: The Last Gray Dog of Kenmuir by Lydia Davis 
6. Safe & Sound by T.S. Krupa
7.  Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice
8.  Death Comes to Town by K.J. Emrick
9. Summer Rain by Ruthie Knox, et al
10. Home Improvement: Undead Edition 
11. Fast Track by Julie Garwood
12. The Cursed by Heather Graham
13.  The Book of Ballads by Charles Vess
14A Biscuit, A Casket by Liz Mugavero
15.  Be Careful What You Wish For by Jeffrey Archer
16.  Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman
17.  Forbid the Sea by Seanan McGuire
18. In Sea-Salt Tears by Seanan McGuire
19. A Fantasy Medley 2 
20. The Last Town by Blake Crouch
21. Wayward by Blake Crouch
22. Pines by Blake Crouch
23. Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn
24. Naughty Girls Do! by Jodo Redford
25. Power Play by Catherine Coulter
26. Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire 
27. Never Shines the Sun by Seanan McGuire
28.  After Dead by Charlaine Harris
29.  The Urban Fantasy Anthology

TOTAL: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!