BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Friday 56 #9 Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reading Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter, part of her Jane Yellowrock series. This is from page 56.


Once dressed, I brought six knives and my backpack into the twins' common room and finished weaponing up in front of their large, flat-screen TV.


Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like as good a place as any to get weaponed-up! ;-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. :D As it happens, she was watching the news while she weaponed up.

      Delete
  2. TV and weapons doesn't sound right to me for some reason. I guess I don't expect technology while looking at this cover?

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all black leather outfits are a modern invention, but yeah, this book is set in contemporary times.

      Delete
  3. Not my usual genre, but the excerpt grabbed me. I like the term "weaponed up" -- it sounds like something that a heroine would really say.
    My Friday post features THE WHISKEY BOTTLE IN THE WALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane is very much a heroine, if sometimes against her better judgment.

      Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something exciting is going to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!