BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, November 4, 2013

Quote-Tastic #23 Like I Don't Mean A Thing To Her


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in. 


Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! 

Just grab the button and put up your post :) 

Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.  


"Bedlam's Bard" by Mercedes Lackey and Ellen Guon is an oldie but a goodie. A pair of humans, Eric and Beth, become involved with elves and one elf in particular, Korendil. This was actually the first menage I ever read but the story is not primarily a romance; it's an urban fantasy with elves and other fairy tale creatures.

Before he could get a single word past the hard lump choking his voice, Korendil (wearing nothing more than a towel draped negligently around his waist) strolled in through the other door---
The one leading to the bedroom. 
The elf's long blond hair hung in damp, dripping ringlets, and there were beads of water on his shoulder.
Looks like he's sure made a full recovery. 
Kory didn't seem aware of Eric's presence at all; he moved easily, gracefully, showing no sign of any of his injuries, and no hint of lingering weakness.

"Beth"---Kory made a caress out of the word, and leaned over, embracing her, to give her a very warm, very sensuous kiss. His mane of hair hid their faces, but Eric had no doubt that she was enjoying it. She had both her arms around him, returning the embrace---oblivious to Eric still standing there.

Like I don't mean a thing to her.

This was one of the first urban fantasies that I read and I fell in love with it. What was your first urban fantasy story? Did you love it?
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The prequel is free so I picked that up to give a try. Yay!

      Delete
    2. There's a prequel? Do you have a link?

      Delete
  2. Yup! At least that's what the blurb on Amazon says.

    http://www.amazon.com/Bedlam-Boyz-Urban-Elves-ebook/dp/B00ARPEIMO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383594328&sr=8-2&keywords=bedlam%27s+bard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I've never read this author before but I always see her books (some of them are older than I am) at the library. I think I might just have to see if the library has this one a try! Thanks for adding more books to my tbr pile Bea :)
    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercedes Lackey has been one of those authors that I have picked up time and time again and consistently get sidetracked from. We need more hours in the day devoted to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm this one is new to me. I think my first urban fantasy was the Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost, I think... Hmm. Now you got me thinking and its too late for that. LOL

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was probably my first urban fantasy, too. There wasn't much of it out there when this book first came out. I love Lackey's Valdemar, Elemental Magic, and 500 Kingdoms series (they're on my autobuy list), but kind of lost track of this series somewhere along the line, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!