BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Book Share #71

 

 I'm participating in The Sunday Post, hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer; Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and Library Loot co-hosted by The Captive Reader and The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. All of these memes give book bloggers the chance to share print and digital books they've received, and posts and events at their blogs.

After several weeks of working partial weeks, I put in a regular five day week at work and it felt odd. Real life is tough sometimes, lol. I had a good week overall despite the below freezing temps. This coming weekend I'll be attending Arisia and I'm looking forward to it. I hope to get books signed by Laura Anne Gilman and Tanya Huff.

The Week In Review

 

Odd, interesting, or funny search phrases leading to the blog: "cods/tongues" - from an author's guest post, I think; "cookie titles", and the still popular "threesome" and "how to catch a cat"

News: Reading BINGO Challenge 2014



BOOKS! 

Won - Kindle & Swag

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19545692-blue-moon-over-bliss-lake

I won this from ARe Cafe in their book-a-day giveaway.



I won this in the Clean Out Your E-Reader Challenge twitter party.

Review - Kindle

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18248657-in-the-darkhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18630722-live

Purchased - Kindle

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19073435-geek-with-the-cat-tattoo

Kindle Freebies


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20295040-curran-pov-collection
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19539152-being-prince-charming?ac=1https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20329152-covet-sampler

Did you add any books to your shelves or e-readers last week? Leave a link to your Sunday Post so I can visit you during the week.
Enhanced by Zemanta

26 comments:

  1. I love the cover of the girl with the cat tattoo..LOL I worked one day over the holidays and going back this week quite frankly sucked hopefully the return of normal won't be so painful next week. Have a good one my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? This week is another five day week then next week is four days thanks to a three day weekend. :) I am ready, lol.

      Delete
  2. Going back to 5 day weeks is hard after short weeks. Always hate that. Arisia looks fun, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy all your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of cute books, Bea! And I'm glad your week went fine despite the freezing cold! Hope you stay warm and enjoy all your new books. *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting back to work after the holiday's is such a drag! January is a really slow time where I work, so the days drag most of the month which doesn't help.

    Congrats on winning all that swag. I know I can always use more bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I love that cover for In The Dark. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent haul, Bea! Blue Moon Over Bliss Lake--what a great title! My Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/sundays-weekly-book-recap-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! Enjoy your reading...and thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. I have hated the cold weather as well. You got a lot of great books. The covers on these books are great.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice book haul and congrats on the excellent wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh those are awesome swags you got & book wins are always great! Enjoy the coming week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh What is The Geek with the Cat Tattoo? I'm going to have to look into that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geek with cat sounds good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adult life is rough. Gotta work 'n stuff. Boooo. :D Nice haul, Bea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you catch a cat ? ;P The girl with the cat tattoo looks cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all those book covers! I loved the cat catching the red dot Thursday. Very funny.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's true that real life can be tough sometimes. I love the cover for The Girl with the Cat Tattoo... I can really tell you're int cats LOL :D
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't like putting that full week in, at all. I don't want to do all the holiday running either. lol. I'd love to have a four day work week with Wed, Sat, and Sun off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow. Nice haul. Lots of great books. I got the Curran POV collection too... forgot to add it to mu list!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet book haul! Happy reading..

    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Going back to work after a vacation is always tough, but at least you have Arisia to look forward to! [mild envy here] I hope you can get your books signed. You are going to report on the conference, aren't you? With pictures? PLEASE? :-)

    Nice haul this week, too -- what fun that you won several things! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some great wins. I know getting back into the swing of things is always hard, but just remember now we are on the climb to spring! The Cat with the Tatoo book looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice book haul, hope you enjoy them! Have a great week.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome win of books this week. I see lots of great books in your haul. Its always hard to get back into the swing of things after a holiday.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!