BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, November 3, 2013

September & October Challenges Wrap Up

I'll put up a wrap up post every month or early the next month for all of my 2013 reading challenges. Some books, I posted reviews on the blog, some are on goodreads, there may be one or two without reviews, especially books I edit or that are put out by my publisher.

September was a crazy busy month with the start of the new school year and I did very little reading that was non-work related. I was so tired, I forgot to do the wrap up post and when I remembered, I decided to just combine it with October. November's, however, will have to be its own solo post, as I have two additional challenges this month. :D Also, for October, November and December, I am participating in the Better Late Than Never ARC Challenge, which I'll track in my monthly wrap up posts.


Book Chick City's 100 Books in 2013

For this challenge, I am not counting any children's books, unless it's YA or MG, nor am I counting books that I edit. I am also doing goodreads' reading challenge and I'm counting everything for that one, but not tracking here on the blog. :D

1) Four Summoner's Tales by Kelley Armstrong, Christopher Golden, David Liss, and Jonathan Maberry
2) Declan's Cross by Carla Neggers 
3) The Smartest Kids in the World and How They Got That Way by Amanda Ripley 
4) New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb
5) Killbox by Ann Aguirre
6) The Stranger You Know by Andrea Kane
7) Secretariat Reborn by Susan Klaus
8) Arcane Circle by Linda Robertson
9) One's Aspect to the Sun by Sherry D. Ramsey
10) I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre
11) Dick Francis's Refusal by Felix Francis
12) The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
13) Witches of East End by Melissa De La Cruz
14) Parasite by Mira Grant
15) I'll Be Home for Christmas by Jessica Scott
16) Trick or Treat or Murder? by Janet McNulty
17) The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (blog review posting Monday Nov. 4th)

Total to date: 120! 
 
Cruisin' Through the Cozies Reading Challenge 2013 - Goal 13 or more

Trick or Treat or Murder? by Janet McNulty
 
Total to date: 14 Over goal!


2013 Ebook Challenge - Original Goal 25 - New Goal 75, Next Goal - 100

1) Four Summoner's Tales by Kelley Armstrong, Christopher Golden, David Liss, and Jonathan Maberry
2) Sage's Song by Karen Kilpatrick, Illustrated by Tara L. Campbell & Matthew Wilson
3) Secretariat Reborn by Susan Klaus
4) One's Aspect to the Sun by Sherry D. Ramsey
5) I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre
6) I'll Be Home for Christmas by Jessica Scott
7) Trick or Treat or Murder? by Janet McNulty
8) Lilly Babysits Her Brother by Brenda Bellingham, Illustrated by Clarke MacDonald
9) The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (blog review posting Monday Nov. 4th)

Total to date: 77 SUCCESS! the next level up is 100 ebooks. I'm not sure I can do that in the next 2 months but I'll give it a shot. :)
 
Just For Fun Reading Challenge 2013 - Goal 1 A Month  
 


September - New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

October - Trick or Treat or Murder? by Janet McNulty
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Total to date: 10 (I have more for the year but for the challenge we can only count one per month.)


Better Late Than Never ARC Challenge - Goal as many as I can :D 

 The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer (blog review later this month)


Total to date: 1 A slow start but at least it's one less in my pile. :)

Even though I read fewer books in September and October, I am still doing well overall.  :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!