BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Horror & Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge 2011

Yes, another challenge that I'm going to participate in. Actually I think that both Jax and I are doing this one so we will have two lists of books read, one for each of us. Book Chick City is hosting this one. I don't read much in the way of horror novels but I do read a lot of urban fantasy and some times the lines between the genres get blurry. We only need to read a minimum of 24 books during the year, though of course we can read more. I don't expect to have any problem with accomplishing that. :)

Here are the details:

  • You must sign up at Book Chick City or your reading won't count towards the challenge.       
  • Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
  • Rules: To read TWENTY FOUR (24) horror & urban fantasy novels in 2011 (24 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
  • You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
  • You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
  • At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to add your reviews.
  • You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just go to Book Chick City and BCC will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)
  1. Tempest's Legacy by Nicole Peeler
  2. Heart's Sentinel by PJ Schnyder
  3. A Safe Harbor: Building Sanctuary by Moira Rogers
  4. The Radleys by Matt Haig
  5. I Thought It Was You by Shiloh Walker 

2 comments:

  1. And... another one I may also join. You must be good at finding this sort of thing. :)

    I don't read a speck of horror (I have an overactive imagination), though plenty of urban fantasy. According to my official count so far, between adult and YA urban fantasy, I've read 31 in 2010... so I'd just have to do it again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I follow lots & lots of bloggers on Twitters. That helps. Kelley is sometimes shelved as horror, though I don't agree with that designation. Most of what I read will be UF. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!