BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday Book Memes: Haunted by Cathy Pegau

I'm participating in two Friday book memes, Book Beginnings On Fridays, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice.

Every Friday, share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

For the Friday 56, grab a book, any book. Turn to Page 56, or 56% on your ereader. If you have to improvise, that's okay. Find a snippet, short and sweet. Post it, and add the url to your post at the link here.

Happy birthday to my sister S! Not that she reads my blog, lol. Also, apologies for the quietness on the blog and my lack of visiting. I've been dealing with a painful injury and also been feeling blah and overwhelmed. The world is so chaotic right now. I have an ambitious schedule for next week; hopefully I can make it happen.

Anyway, on to today's topic. I read an ARC of a paranormal cozy mystery, "Haunted" by Cathy Pegau. Currently, my review is scheduled for the 16th, we'll see. 


"Damn it, Georgianna, what do you think you're doing?"

Georgianna, better known as Georgie, is the heroine of the story.


The quote is from 56%  in the egalley.

The rest of the trip to her parents' house was filled with our slightly off-key renditions of hair band classics. Amazing how belting out White Snake and Guns N' Roses tunes can lift your spirits. No pun intended.

I find it lifts my spirits too.  :)

Click on cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.
Please share a quote in the comments or a link to your quote post.

7 comments:

  1. Great excerpts! I am now curious, and I love that cover. Here's mine: “WATCH ME DISAPPEAR”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that 56, 80's hair bands are great for car-ride sing-a-longs!! Happy birthday to your sister! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your sister. It's my sister's birthday this week too and I posted about one of her presents earlier this week, knowing she wouldn't see it because she doesn't read my blog either. :)

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your injury. I hope reading this cute book made you feel better and you can keep your schedule.

    And, echoing Gilion, my sister doesn't read my blogs either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Those excerpts made me laugh. Sounds great.

    Take care of yourself. Sorry about your injury.

    Happy Friday! Here's mine!
    https://www.woodpeckerbooks.com/2020/06/05/north-or-be-eaten-book-beginnings-and-friday-56/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH? I haven't read Cathy in a while. Paranormal Cozy? YES PLEASE! I will look for your review! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!