BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Children's Book Week 2020


Tomorrow is the beginning of Children's Book Week, the 101st year it has been celebrated. This year there will be two weeks of  celebration, one during May and another in November.

Children's Book Week is the annual celebration of books for young people and the joy of reading. It's also the longest-running national literacy initiative in the country. Every year, events are held nationwide at schools, libraries, bookstores, homes — wherever young readers and books connect! This year, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, events and celebrations have been retooled to happen at home or online. Click here for more information and for resources for use at home. 
For my part, I'm doing reviews of books for children toddler to teens and my usual weekly memes are featuring children's books. Stop back every day to check out that day's featured book. 

Go read a book with the young one in your life! Or, you be the young one and read a children's book. They're not just for children!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this, Bea! It does sound like a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People come up with some fun ways of celebrating.

      Delete
  2. Fun! Can't wait to see what kid books you read and review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While waiting, you can check out the last 9.5 years of kids books reviews. 😊

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun! I love middle grade but I've realized that other then my shelf of favorites and the books we are reading for school I rely on the library and that hasn't been an option! I'm missing the genre and am looking forward to finding some new books to share with my not so little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!