BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!


Claude and I wish all of you who celebrate the Gregorian new year, a year filled with peace, happiness, good health, and dreams that come true.

I don't usually make resolutions and I'm not big on goals either but a Tweet got me thinking about bookish goals and I made some. I declared them on Twitter and I'll declare them here too, with some revisions..

Bookish Personal Goals:

1. Get caught up on several series. I'm 2/3 of the way through 3 different ones. My library and KU are supplementing the titles I don't already own. When I finish those, there are several more I want to work on.

2. Read more from my personal collection, especially the non-fiction.

Bookish Blog Goals:

1. Get blogging again on a regular schedule, even if it's just once a week.

2. Review more backlist titles, more from my personal collection, and fewer review books.

I'm not giving up review books but want to take fewer so I can focus on the above goals. I want the review books I take to be less of,  "Oh, that looks good" and more "I NEED THAT!" That should help with the weird mindset I get sometimes of not wanting to write reviews. The less I feel obligated to write, the more I will actually write. Or so I'm hoping. :)

Have you made any goals or resolutions? If so, what are they?

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!