BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 9, 2015

The Friday 56 - Kill 'Em with Cayenne by Gail Oust

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reviewing this on Monday and have only now started reading it. "Kill 'Em with Cayenne" is a cozy mystery, by Gail Oust. The quote is from page 56  in the print ARC.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20575442-kill-em-with-cayenne


"Someone-I think it might have been Dottie Hemmings-made a comment that Maybelle wasn't the type who liked to share what was hers."

13 comments:

  1. Ooh nice quote. I hope you enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to Maybelle! I'm very protective of my things. Does that make me the killer? :-)

    Here's my Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being able to share is often at the heart of conflicts...and even murder. Sounds like a good one!

    Here's mine: “COPPER BEACH”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that one! I seen a review on this one the other day and it looks right up my alley. :)

    Stormi
    Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound like Dottie has many friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking Dottie isn't the most likable person in this story. Sounds like an interesting mystery! I've been on a roll with cozies lately so I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this around and it looks pretty "hot". ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun cozy! I like the gossipy way the character shares this little tidbit about Maybelle.
    My Friday post features FETCHING LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice quote, this one seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds think alike as we both read culinary mysteries. Yours sounds fun!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! Looking at those peppers kinds of warms me up - since it's 5 degrees tonight that's a good thing! :)

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just reviewed this. I've also read the first book Rosemary and Crime and I really like Piper. Some yummy recipes I hope to try too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/09/the-friday-56-47-dinosaur-lake-iii-infestation/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read this one. Looks like a good cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!