BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, September 26, 2014

Candid Covers!

AUTHORS! 

Do you self-publish? Want some feedback on potential covers?

Candid Covers is now officially taking author submissions for feedback. Each cover will get 48 hours in the group and the author will be invited. After their time slot is over we will remove the author and delete the cover thread and post the next cover.

I am one of about 20 bloggers and readers who will offer their honest critiques of your potential cover.

See the link below for more information.

The doors have been opened!

http://devilinthedetailsediting.blogspot.com/2014/09/for-authors-candid-covers-free-private.html

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fantastic idea! Covers make such a difference with how a book is perceived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. Getting unbiased feedback beforehand can be crucial.

      Delete
  2. Great idea, Bea! Covers are really important. We all have so many books to choose from, and it's impossible to read them all. The appeal and professionalism of a good cover can make me stop to read the blurb. The cover doesn't usually sell me on its own, but it can make the difference between "you have the opportunity to sell me on your book" and "Next!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, Bea! I'm going to look at that thread now. I wish I knew about it beforehand, I would love to participate in one way or another :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!