BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 23, 2014

The Friday 56 #26 Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.


I'm reading an epic historical fiction, "Best Kept Secret" by Jeffrey Archer The quote is from page 56  in the large print hardcover.


"Yes, I'll be holding your hand throughout the trip," she said casually. "I usually stay in New York and allow a local publicist in each city to look after visiting authors but not this time, because  Mr. Guinzbugh insisted I wasn't to leave your side." She lightly touched his leg again, before turning a page of the folder on her lap.


Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. She doesn't sounds happy to be there. Hope you have a great weekend.

    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/05/the-friday-56-week-179.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she's merely enduring this visiting author! Since I'm a writer, I'd enjoy reading this story -- to find out how it might be to have a publicist hold my hand!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: THE DOCTOR'S INDISCRETION.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why Mr. Guinzbugh wanted her to stick close to him. All I can see in my head is an author and a publicist off on a road trip across America, which actually sounds like fun! Also, large print hardcover? That's amazing! I miss reading hardcovers since almost all my books now are paperback or Ebooks! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's definitely an intriguing passage! I agree that she doesn't seem particularly thrilled to be following this author around. I wonder why she has to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the books before this in the series. . . I must get to this one soon. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does pique my curiosity...and I am imagining all kinds of scenarios. Thanks for sharing and enjoy! Here's mine: “INTO THE DARKEST CORNER”

    ReplyDelete
  7. She touched his leg! That's the part that grabbed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh interesting! Love the cover of this one, too.

    Check out my Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sounds a little condescending.
    Love the car on the cover!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How come she isn't to leave his side? Great teaser Bea,

    Here's my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's not a happy camper. And I wonder who he is.
    Here's mine from Valens Remembered - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/05/23/the-friday-56-22-valens-remembered-by-sherrel-lee/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!