BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/11/2014-finishing-series-reading-challenge.html

 I have several series that I'm behind on. I start one and lose track or I get sidetracked by review books and then I get behind. So, I'm taking part in this series challenge hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews.

Here are the rules  and all the info from the challenge post at SBR:

1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)

2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

3) The qualification period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time frame to count.

4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky at SRB to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge.

5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine; leave a comment at the original post to sign up and tell us what you are reading. Or you can join the Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.

6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.

7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.

8) Choose a level....

Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.

Okay, I'm going for Level 3 and these are the series that I want catch up on:

October Daye by Seanan McGuire

I've read four of the seven full-length books currently published and there's an eighth planned for next year.

Black Wings by Christina Henry

I've read two of the six published books but own 4 of them; I can get the rest from my library. I'm not sure if there will be more in the series but I'll catch up to book six and see where the series is then.

Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn

I've read the first eight books, there are currently twelve with a thirteenth expected next year.

I am going to be a busy Bea. :D

ETA 3/1/14:  I've decided to drop the Black Wings series and add in Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs, Ashfall by Mike Mullin, Midnight Magic Mystery by Jennifer Harlow, Coming Home by Jessica Scott, and Kara Gillian by Diana Rowland. That makes my total series that I'm aiming for 7. Gulp. There's 1 more series I may do, if I can squeeze it in, but this is the list for now.

ETA 6/1/14: And I'm adding one more, cuz I'm just plain nuts. :D I'm adding The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer. This is not the extra series I mentioned earlier, that series is still waiting in the wings. I'm playing catchup on this series and I realized I should add it to this challenge. New series total - 8

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!