BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Cover! The Shining from Stephen King and Subterranean Press

Back in the fall, I shared an announcement from Subterranean Press concerning an illustrated limited edition version of The Shining by Stephen King. Today, they revealed the cover. The artwork is by Vincent Chong.

You have to be a hardcore King lover as the book is not cheap and it is a limited Gift edition: 1500 Deluxe Hardcover copies, housed in a custom slipcase, with bonus chapbook: $95. If you order The Shining before the end of business on June 7, 2013 will also receive a bonus chapbook of Vincent Chong's sketches available nowhere else.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, easily one of the creepiest scenes (for me) in the book. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read the book or seen the movie. I'm too wimpy. :D

      Delete
  2. It's way out of my price range for something like that, but if I could afford it, I'd be on it immediately. It's gorgeous! It's been years, and once he started really cranking the books out I had to stop, but I was a hardcore King collector about ten years or so ago.

    This is just stunning. Gah, I want it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely expensive. I agree, the cover is stunning.

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog! Please follow my blog, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!