BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Week Reviews

I've been hearing about the Iron Fey series since it was first released and it's gotten excellent buzz. I have a fondness for fairy tales, classic and new, so this sounded right up my alley. However, I tend to be disorganized and downloaded the two free novellas before ever reading any of the books. Then I got review copies of the last two books and decided that I really needed to start at the beginning so I requested the first two from my library. However, I kept procrastinating and decided that I really needed to set myself some review dates or I'd never get them done. I decided to be ambitious and do the entire series. Each day during the week between Christmas and New Years, when my school is closed, I will review a book or novella, starting on the 26th. (Christmas day itself will be a review of "Duncan" by D.B. Reynolds)

What with getting sick, then playing catch up, getting sick again (a different illness), and getting ready for the holidays, I again fell behind but I managed to get them all read and the reviews written. I'm not as fanatical about the series as other readers and bloggers but overall I enjoyed it.

Here's the schedule for the week:

December 25: Review of "Duncan" by D.B. Reynolds, Vampires in America #5
December 26: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #1
Deceber 27: Winter's Passage b y Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #1.5
December 28: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #2
December 29: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #3
December 30: Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #3.5
December 31: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa, Iron Fey #4

I hope you will enjoy the series review and happy holidays, whatever one(s) you celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. All the best and hope you have a happy and restful holiday Bea.

    Enjoy your reads.

    As to Jax, well we know she'll be run off her feet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gareth. I hope you and your family have a joyful day.

    And yes, poor Jax will be run ragged. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!