BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reviews and Plagiarism

This blog is temporarily on hiatus. Reviews that I have already committed to will still be published, unless the author or publisher requests otherwise.

I have been notified by a handful of people that some of my reviews contain plagiarized content. ETA: Disputed and problematic reviews as of 6:30Pm EST 6-1-11 have been pulled from here and from goodreads. If you feel that a review of mine is problematic please send me an email so that I can pull it. The email is Bea at beasbooknook AT gmail DOT com.

I am sincerely sorry for the plagiarism that occurred. It was inexcusable. I hope that some of you will be able to forgive me.

In view of some rude and abusive comments that the spam filter caught, I have temporarily disabled commenting. If you have sent me an email, and it wasn't rude or abusive, you will receive a reply, though it might take a while as I do have other responsibilities and obligations and I do not currently have working internet at home. I was offline for about 48 hours, for several reasons, and apparently some people construed that as my ignoring them. There was no intentional ignoring, I simply couldn't be in multiple places at one time.

I have begun emailing apologies to people whose reviews that I did plagiarize. I will email and email only my apologies to the people that I have wronged.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for the plagiarism that occurred. It was inexcusable.

I would like to add, that despite my deserved embarrassment and humiliation, I am in awe of how quick people were to respond and take action. Bravo to you all.


ETA: Update