BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Book Share #106

 
http://www.talksupeblog.com/search/label/Bought%20Borrowed%20and%20Bagged

 I'm participating in The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer; Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews; Bought Borrowed and Bagged, hosted by TalkSupe; and Library Loot co-hosted by The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief. All of these memes are about sharing the print and digital books received and/or posts and events on the blog.

I had a busy week with job hunting, doctor's appointments, and my church's annual fair. The rain held off for the latter until after we started breaking down for the day, which was a relief. The weather makes a huge difference in the turnout we get and rain is a killer.

The Week In Review

Odd, interesting, or funny search phrases leading to the blog: GASP! There was nothing new or interesting last week. :(

BOOKS! - click on the cover to go the book's goodreads page

Gifted


The author and I were chatting on Twitter about another author's book and then when I mentioned I had her book on my wish list, she gifted me a copy. :)  I've already finished it. :D


Review 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22539554-a-little-christmas-jinglehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17415953-just-joe
 


I actually received 2 copies of Broken Soul by Faith Hunter; first a print ARC then 2 days later a finished copy. :D I'm reading Reckoning now.

Doghouse by L.A. Kornetsky
Reckoning by S.J. Harper 

Kindle Freebies

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20369764-resolutionshttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18941178-her-sanctuary

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17415953-just-joe


Did you add any books to your shelves or e-readers last week? Leave a link to your Sunday Post so I can visit you during the week.

33 comments:

  1. Fantastic UF books this week!!! I love Faith Hunter!! Rogue Mage was one of the first UF series I ever read and I so wished she would of kept going b/c it was such a cliffhanger at the end of the book 3 - if you call the main character cuddled in bed with 3 guys a cliffie ;)

    Glad the church fair went off with virtually no rain!!!! PHEW! We got drenched last week over here, too!

    Have a great week next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her Rogue Mage books yet but I like her Yellowrock books. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I only got three books this week and they were all from the library. My birthday is this week so I haven't been able to buy books for the last month (in the past I had bought books someone bought me for my birthday so I go on a book buying ban the month before my birthday). Love the cover of "On the Naughty List"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother had a knack for buying me books I already owned. :D Happy birthday!

      Delete
  3. It rained all day here Friday and was pretty cold too- glad you escaped the worst of it for the fair. We're starting to really cool down now like it or not... will see what this week brings.

    Nice cat photo last week- looks like your new friend is settling in nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been cooling down here too. Brr. But I am enjoying after the summer.

      Claude is settling though he's still skittish.

      Delete
  4. It's fun to see the Christmas books popping up on the blogs now. I was looking at some this week too as I wanted to pick a selection for the HoHoHo readathon.
    That was so nice of the author to do that! It happened me once as well and it was so unexpected.
    Good luck with the job hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've been picking up books for the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon. :)

      It was nice of Ms Curtis, I really appreciated it. Thanks for the good wishes!

      Delete
  5. What ? No funny search phrases ? I'm so disappointed ! Enjoy your book haul and have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great looking reads. I am seeing Christmas around the blogosphere and I am only to Halloween. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, books and retail really mess up the seasons.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Twisted was good and I'm ready for book two!

      Delete
  8. That's great about the weather! I always hate when you put all kinds of effort into an event and the weather messes everything up! Great books this week! Look forward to seeing your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so frustrating when that happens, we lucked out.

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the job hunt. Sorry you have cold rainy weather but it's conducive for snuggling up with a book! Looks like you had a lucky haul this week, and your Christmas title looks cute.
    Have a good week reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly is; curl up with a book or a cat and some cocoa. Mmmm.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Loving the holiday books, and Twisted looks interesting.Fingers crossed for the job hunt. Have a lovely week Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard good things about Faith Hunter. Your christmas books look really amazing. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to Christmas reading. Honestly I am just looking forward to the month and a half off from school :) Have an amazing rest of the week.

    Sunday Post

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twisted sounds good, hope that you enjoy and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All those books look so good. I've loved Carla Cassidy's from way back when I read Harlequins. She's very good. Good luck with the job hunting. I eventually found a job that's part time but slowly turning into full time.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a little jealous of all the rain everyone is getting. Glad it held off for you guys long enough though. Have a great week, Bea, and enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. woo, Christmas books are coming for review now :))) Glad you had a good week, Bea! Hope your next one will be even better! *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad the rain held off for the fair. Good luck with the job hunting, hope you find something soon. Have a good week and happy reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our church is doing their back to fall activities event this week and I really hope the weather cooperates since the whole thing is outside! Glad your event turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many interesting and good looking books you have here! Happy reading! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did have a busy week. So glad you didn't get rain on your fair. We haven't had rain in quite a while here in Portland, which is unusual. I am soaking up every bit of the sun while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you find a job soon... It has to be hard.
    Enjoy your new reads... some fun Christmas ones too!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I come to comment on your Sunday Post and can't believe how many posts you have up already since Sunday!! WOOOOWWWW! LOL! I hope job hunting goes well. That is a job itself. It is hard to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!