Friday, December 27, 2013

The Friday 56 #9 Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reading Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter, part of her Jane Yellowrock series. This is from page 56.


Once dressed, I brought six knives and my backpack into the twins' common room and finished weaponing up in front of their large, flat-screen TV.


Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like as good a place as any to get weaponed-up! ;-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. :D As it happens, she was watching the news while she weaponed up.

      Delete
  2. TV and weapons doesn't sound right to me for some reason. I guess I don't expect technology while looking at this cover?

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all black leather outfits are a modern invention, but yeah, this book is set in contemporary times.

      Delete
  3. Not my usual genre, but the excerpt grabbed me. I like the term "weaponed up" -- it sounds like something that a heroine would really say.
    My Friday post features THE WHISKEY BOTTLE IN THE WALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane is very much a heroine, if sometimes against her better judgment.

      Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something exciting is going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, things did get pretty exciting.

      Delete
  5. ha, interesting. This is a fun meme : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I enjoy hearing from my readers.

Due to a huge upswing in spam comments, I had to disable anonymous commenting. If you have trouble commenting, you can use the Kontactr form at the bottom of the page. It won't show publicly but I'll still get the comment.