BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2014

http://mybookdragon.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-love-library-books-reading-challenge.html

I practically live at my library, though I'm there less often than I used to be. Still, the library over the years has been a major supplier for my book habit. This year, to date, I've read 30 books from the library and I have 6 in the living room waiting to be read. So, I'm signing up for this challenge, hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.

From the sign-up post:

Our love of reading can be expensive! Not only are we purchasing books but some of us also need space to keep them.

There are a number of levels, for those who don't have a library card yet to those that live there. Enjoy!

 Requirements:

  • choose a level - you may move up as needed, just not down.
  • check books out of the library
  • books may overlap with other challenges
  • any format allowed (print, ebook, audio)
  • reviews are not necessary but a list of books read is. (post with review linky is coming)
  • a blog is not necessary, just comment that you want to join in.

Levels:
  • board book - 3
  • picture book - 6
  • early reader - 9
  • chapter book - 12
  • middle grades - 18
  • Young adult - 24
  • adult - 36
  • just insert IV - 50 

I'm going to start with a reasonable goal, the middle grade, and will probably move up during the year. Just as I've done this year, I'll post a monthly update of all of my reading challenges.

Now go forth and read books from your library!
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined in. I do a library challenge every year and it's one of the few I actually complete. Besides audios, they have an excellent selection of e-books for me too. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did one a few years ago then missed a couple years. My library has an excellent selection of print and a decent selection of ebooks. I haven't tried their audio books.

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. I may have to jump in on this. I've been checking books out from the library less and less lately, but that's because I've been getting so many review/tours books. And I've decided to cut way back on review requests/tours next year... so maybe I'll check out a lot more. Maybe I'll just start at the board book level and then work my way up. Good luck with it and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes review books from the library so library books can do double duty. :D

      Good luck with it and have fun. :)

      Delete
  3. This one is on my challenges to do list. I've hardly read any physical books from the library recently, but that's mainly because I've become addicted to reading on my Kindle. But I do grab ebooks from the library, too.

    Good luck with this, Bea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All library books count - ebooks, audio and print so go for it!

      Delete
  4. I go to the library all the time with my kids but never bring home anything for me as I am so inundated with ebooks that I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without my library. There are so many books I never would have read without it.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous challenge! I'm sure I'll be signing up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I'm definitely signing up for it. :)

    -Jess @ Reading Nook Reviews (and new bloglovin'! follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will defnitely join in, I use my library A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!