BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 2, 2013

Quote-Tastic #17 Not done yet



Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup has created a new weekly meme. Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.  


Everyone's welcome to join in. Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier!

Just grab the button and toss up your post :) 

Want to join along? Click on the link above. Leave me a link in your comment and I will check out your quotes! Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.

This week's quote is from "Loyalty In Death" by JD Robb, part of her series, In Death. I love this series so much. Two of the secondary characters, Peabody and McNab, cops like the main character Eve, are involved. They're having makeup sex in this scene.



 They'd finally made it to the bed. Peabody wasn't altogether sure how they'd managed to get from the elevator to his apartment to his bed without killing each other, but that's where they were. The sheets were hot and tangled, and even now when McNab rolled weakly off her, her body pumped heat like a furnace.

"I'm not done yet," he said in the dark with a voice that hitched. 

Peabody snorted, then began to laugh like a loon. "Me, neither. What are we, crazy?"

"A couple of more times, we'll be dead."



Have you ever read the In Death books? What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Heh they are so much fun. I love there little side story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them both and they add a lot to the series.

      Delete
  2. It has been such a pleasure watching them meet and fall in love over the series. Plus, Peabody's ability to make Dallas' eye twitch is not to be discarded lightly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. That alone makes Peabody a valuable character. :D

      Delete
  3. Lol - nice quote. I haven't read any of Roberts books as JD. I know I should though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quote! I need to start this series.


    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!