BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Books From the Backlog - British Murder Mysteries Boxed Set


This is a fun meme for sharing your TBR pile! There used to be another meme about neglected TBR books, known as Dusty Reads. That meme died and recently this one popped up. I'm delighted to participate and I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog. Join the fun and share a neglected book from your shelf.

This week's neglected book ~

Click on cover to go to the Goodreads page

Why did I add this to my shelf?

This was a Kindle freebie a few years ago. As you can see from the cover, it's a HUGE collection of mystery stories, including many I'd been wanting to read. It has authors such as Arthur Conan Doyle, Wilkie Collins, Agatha Christie, and G.K. Chesterton. How could I pass it up? After all, the mystery genre is my favorite.

One reason I held off starting was due to the file size of the book. My Paperwhite at the time didn't have sufficient space to hold it. My new one *should* be able to hold it, though I haven't tried yet. Heh, maybe now that I am home full time I will. 

7 comments:

  1. Oooo this looks awesome! I find it hard to read some of these large anthologies though because they are so long. I have some (mostly romance oriented) that have 10 regular books in them. I have a tendency to read a book or two in them and go back over time to read other books in them. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I do the same with longer anthologies. I may never finish this one but I have no lack of stories to choose from. 😊

      Delete
  2. WOW! that is massive!! Maybe pick and choose some titles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good one. Enjoy.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!