BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday Memes: Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff

I'm participating in two Friday book memes, Book Beginnings On Fridays, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice.

Every Friday, share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

For the Friday 56, grab a book, any book. Turn to Page 56, or 56% on your ereader. If you have to improvise, that's okay. Find a snippet, short and sweet. Post it, and add the url to your post at the link here.

Summon the Keeper has been a fave for years. My paperback copy is well-loved so I purchased a Kindle copy and started reading it. If you love cats, enjoy humor with your urban fantasy, and enjoy a  little romance mixed in, give this a try. It's a trilogy and they are best read in order.

When the storm broke, rain pounding down in great sheets out of a black and unforgiving sky, Claire Hansen had to admit she wasn't surprised; it had been that kind of evening.


The quote is from 56%  in the ebook.

She ate another three cookies so fast she almost took the end off a finger.
"You should cheer up," Austin told her.
"I don't want to cheer up."
"Then you should answer the door."
"There's nobody..." A tentative knocking cut her off.

Also see a Quote-tastic post I did some years ago for this book. What can I say, it's a favorite. :D


What book are you embarking on? Please share in the comments.

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one, but if it's a fave of yours, it must be a good one! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy those books too, wish she'd write more in that vein. I'm re-reading the T. Kingfisher books set in ... what would you call it? "The Clocktaur War" is the first pair, then Swordheart, then Paladin's Grace.
    They might also be called "The Broken Paladin" books. She calls them "fluffy romances" which is... eh, yes, but... severed heads? Demons? Creepy necromantic ancient devices?
    And yet, they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehm they don't sound like fluffy romances. :D I've not read any of those but they sound interesting.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that beginning! That would keep me reading, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The rest of the book isn't that dark but it can get moody.

      Delete
  5. Oooohhhh...I definitely love cats and that's such a pretty one on the cover. I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!