BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Author Angela Addams Talks About Crafting Her "Order of the Wolf Series"

Bea's Book Nook, Angela Addams, Beast Rising, UF, Romance

 I'm delighted to have author Angela Addams here on the blog again. Her PNR series, "The Order of the Wolf", is coming to an end with her current release, "Beast Rising". Angie has been a guest here several times; we first met at the now-defunct Kelley Armstrong board, and became acquainted. I've read most of her books, "Beast Rising' is in my TBR pile.

Every day is Halloween for author Angela Addams. Enthralled by the paranormal at an early age, Angela spends most of her time thinking up new story ideas that involve supernatural creatures in everyday situations. She believes that the written word is an amazing tool for crafting the most erotic of scenarios.

She lives in Ontario, Canada with her loving husband and children.

Find Angela online:

Website   Mailing List   Goodreads  Amazon  Facebook  Twitter





Series Finale


I saved this particular post for Bea because she’s been on this journey with me from the beginning (Aaaaaw, so sweet ~ Bea). Love it or hate it, (and believe me, I’ve heard both sides from readers) I crafted "The Order of the Wolf" series with a few key ideas in mind, all of them for purely selfish reasons.

"Beast Rising" is the finale, a book that ties up all of the major threads I’ve left dangling (on purpose) throughout the series. When I started writing this series, I actually began with "Wolves’ Bane". My first full length novel. In that book we meet the King of the Wolves, Lazarus, and we enter the world of the werewolf Hunters and their destined mates the Huntresses. By the time we get to "Beast Rising", readers have gone on to meet the werewolves and have witnessed their journey to finding their own mates. In "Beast Rising" we see all of the characters from all sides coming together to battle Lazarus once again and hopefully put an end to the war that has been building from the beginning.

So, without further delay, here are my key ideas that went into the creation of "The Order of the Wolf".

Not everything is black and white: Not only in the war between werewolves and Hunters but also in the very fact that they vie for the love of the same woman. Each Huntress having to choose between either their werewolf mate or their Hunter. I have had readers cheering for the werewolves and others cheering for the Hunters. I’d created a world where the bad guys weren’t always bad and the good guys weren’t always good. In "Beast Rising" I forced both sides to reconcile their differences in order to battle a common foe, Lazarus and his feral beasts, but even that is not an easy path especially when dealing with so many different personalities. I don’t like easy.

The story is really about the Huntresses: Here’s the thing, I love reading, watching, learning about warrior women. Strong female characters intrigue me, they empower me. That's why my Huntresses are descended from Amazon warriors and it’s why they are the only ones who can kill a beast. They hold all of the power. And like the war between the wolves and Hunters, the Huntresses have their own shades of grey, where some believe they can be strongest without a mate while others believe that relationships with their men make them stronger. The Huntresses, and their journeys toward understanding themselves and their destinies, embracing their powers, is what this series is truly all about.

In the end, everyone learns that unity is what conquers the true evils in the world, that and accepting the reality of responsibilities. The Huntresses were made for battle. They were made to save humanity, and it’s in their strength, their training, and their bonds that they are able to fulfill that destiny.

The final idea that was key to this series was that Happily Ever After is not a guarantee, but working on it is. I think it would be safe to say that my series is more Urban Fantasy than Romance. Although there is a lot of hot and heavy between the couples, I never forced them into love at first sight. Strong feelings at first sight, sure, lust at first sight, hell yes, but love needs time to grow. It needs to be tested. It needs to prove itself. By the time I finished writing this last book, I truly hope my readers will have a sense of what the characters mean to one another and what they are willing to endure in order to spend more time with the ones they care about.

I’d like to thank all of those readers who have come along for the ride and also endured the ups and downs of this series. I experimented with things by creating the Order of the Wolf and while I am a little sad that it’s coming to an end, I am ready to move on and explore new worlds and new relationships.
***************


The Huntresses are stepping up their game. So are the forces arrayed against them…

Embracing the Huntresses could mean death to the wolves who love them.


The Order of the Wolf, Book 7

Mayhem is furious. While he and the boys have been rocking it out on stage at a series of concerts in Scotland, Darcy and Aubrey have been sneaking out for, as they so defiantly put it, "training."

Raven is cut to the bone when he discovers what Darcy's been doing behind his back. But simply forbidding the women from hunting isn't the answer. Though it makes him uneasy, he talks Mayhem into joining forces to train alongside their women.

Training is in full swing when they encounter a pair of ancient Huntresses battling each other with powers Darcy and the girls can only dream about. Taking sides turns out to be a mistake when Darcy and Raven are kidnapped, and an evil plan is put into play to use the girls' powers to unleash Lazarus, the king of the beasts.

The only way to defeat him is for the Order, Huntresses, and Wolves to put their mutual mistrust aside and unite. Or the world could be flooded with an unending river of feral beasts.

Warning: Contains sex in public places, a virtual reality threesome, and some red hot lovin'. Female warriors with an attitude who won't be shackled or coddled, and rock star werewolf mates who are hard pressed to keep up

Series: The Order of the Wolf #7
Publisher: Samhain
Release Date: January 17th, 2017
Formats: ebook, paperback

Buying Links: Amazon* | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository* | Kobo | iBooks* |
* associate links; the blog receives a small commission from purchases made through these links.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!