BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Review of Amityville Horrible by Kelley Armstrong

Publisher: Subterranean Press
Series: Women of the Otherworld Novella
Format Read: Kindle
Release Date: November 30, 2012
Buying Links:  Amazon   Barnes & Noble  Kobo

Book Blurb (from goodreads):
I don’t run from ghosts.”
His voice, right at my ear. “You will.”


Jaime Vegas—spiritualist, entertainer and, unbeknownst to her audience, real-life necromancer—swore she’d never do another reality ghost show after the last fiasco. But when she’s railroaded into a charity gig, she finds herself back on the set, this time with a cast of photogenic college kids, an up-and¬-coming Russian spiritualist, and a tale of missing girls and murder in New England. It’s cheesy, but that’s show business. With her werewolf Alpha lover, Jeremy Danvers, along to keep her nights interesting, it’s not so bad really. Until the bloody ghosts show up. J
aime has never faced spirits like these, and no matter how hard she tries, they won’t be ignored.

Reviewed By: Bea

Bea's Thoughts:

I like Jaime and Jeremy so very much. I had hesitations about Jaime when she was first introduced but I like her more with each appearance. Unlike some readers, I've never hated Jaime. She is in many respects a normal person: she rarely uses her necromancer talent and never for money, she struggles with career choices and family issues, she deals with disapproval from her boyfriend's family, etc. She's not the most powerful supernatural out there although more than she once realized. In all, being a plan vanilla human myself, I find her relatable.

So it probably comes as no surprise that my favorite parts of the story were the interactions between Jaime and Jeremy. Loved, loved, LOVED them and a couple of hawt scenes. The mystery part was okay; some of it I guessed, some of it I didn't and there were a couple of real twists. The "problems" Jaime had with the production were predictable and I rolled my eyes a few times.

Overall, a good entry in the series but not the best.

I own this eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!