BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dusty Reads #5



Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Giselle at Xpresso Reads where we spotlight a book sitting in our TBR pile. My TBR breeds when I'm not looking, I swear. Ok, I add to it, I confess. I just can't resist. Between ebooks (darn those kindle freebies, lol)  and print books, I have somewhere between four and five hundred that I haven't yet read. Eeep. And yet, I keep buying and borrowing books. And occasionally, winning them.

This week's book is one that I won about a year ago, in a blog giveaway. If I recall correctly, it was author Joan Swan who did the giveaway. I'll get the book read some day, it sounds right up my alley. I just need more time, and to stop acquiring books. :P


No Chance (Last Chance Rescue #4) Publisher: Ballantine Books Release Date: Feb., 23, 2010

Book Blurb (from goodreads):

DO OR DIE

 Skylar James told a lie to the man she married, and eight years later she still bitterly regrets the deception. Unknown to Skylar, her husband, Gabe Maddox, now lives in the dangerous shadows of elite operatives who rescue victims. When Skylar tries to save a naïve young beauty, kidnappers come after her. For Gabe, Skylar had been his last shot at trust and love. But news of her disappearance battens down his anger and launches him into action. Saving Skylar is Gabe’s only chance for peace and his last chance for happiness.

 Enjoy more Christy Reece thrills with these sizzling novels.

I enjoy romantic suspense novels and the premise, while not new, is intriguing. Also, silly as it sounds, I'm partial to the name "Gabe". :) I'm not familiar with Ms. Reece's work but I'm looking forward to discovering more about her and her books. Although this is the fourth book in the series, I believe they can all be read as stand alones. 

2 comments:

  1. Good God, between 400 and 500 unread books? I only read one book in the entire last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kindle has been dangerous - free books and cheap books. The pile of unread print books is only a fraction of my unread books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!