BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Saturday, October 3, 2015

September Challenge Wrap Up


This year I signed up for fewer year long challenges and I'll do more short-term challenges.

Grab a drink, get comfy, and get ready! 


NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 50 100


1. Playing with Fire by Kate Meader
2. Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger
3. A Ghostly Demise by Tonya Kappes
4. A Ghostly Murder by Tonya Kappes
5. Move Your Blooming Corpse by D.E. Ireland
6. The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev
7. How to Parent Your Anxious Toddler by Natasha Daniels
8. The Hidden by Heather Graham 
9. Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni
10. Led Astray by Kelley Armstrong
11. The Sh!t No One Tells You About Toddlers by Dawn Dais
12. Thirty Million Words: Building a Child's Brain by Dana Suskind
13. Even Vampires Get the Blues by Sandra Hill

TOTAL: 82 I am on track to make 100 by year's end. :)

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge - Goal: 6 14 20


1. Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (Finishing School)
2. Playing with Fire by Kate Meader (Hot in Chicago)
3. Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni (Tracy Crosswhite)
4. Interlude: Stories from Tranquility by Krista D. Ball (Tales of Tranquility) {blog review to come}
5. Forged in Fire by Jessica Scott (Homefront)
6. A Red-Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire (October Daye)


TOTAL:  48 books, 21 series. Finished series: Tracy Crosswhite, Homefront, October Daye, Windfall Island, Shore Secrets, Goody's Goodies, Bakeshop Mystery, the Jeremy Fisk Series, The Black Sun's Daughter, Honeychurch Hall Mysteries, The Dominic Grey Series, Paranormal Investigations, Rogue River, Kitty Norville, Otherworld, The SPI Files, Morgans of Nashville, Jane True, The Clifton Chronicles, Ever After, and Jane Yellowrock.

WHOOT! I have a few more series that I will probably finish in the next few months and a few that I may not, but I'm not going to revise my goal. I said 20, and I'm at 21. :)

What An Animal Reading Challenge - Goal: 13 or more


1. Monkey: Not Ready for Kindergarten by Marc Brown
2. Led Astray by Kelley Armstrong

TOTAL: 35

Cruising Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge - Goal: 20 or more


1. A Ghostly Demise by Tonya Kappes
2. A Ghostly Murder by Tonya Kappes
3. Move Your Blooming Corpse by D.E. Ireland
4. Read It and Weep by Jenn McKinlay
5. The Embroidered Corpse by Brian Kavanagh

TOTAL: 25

Dust Off Your Classics - a very informal challenge hosted by Between My Lines and Dee's Reads. There's no sign up or goals. I am aiming for 1 a month. 


None :(

Total: 2

Just For Fun Reading Challenge - Goal: 12, 1 a month  


1.  The Embroidered Corpse by Brian Kavanagh

TOTAL: 9

2 comments:

  1. You did well. I've been thinking about next year's challenges too. I cut back this year and I'll be doing even more cutting back next year. I think I'll just stick with the three I host and maybe one or two others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do yours again, and maybe one or two others.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!