BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, July 17, 2015

The Friday 56: The Threshing Circle by Neil Grimmett, Redux

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm still reading  "The Threshing Circle", by Neil Grimmett. I've been fitting it in around review reads and working a lot of hours so it's been slow going. The quote this time is from 56%  in the Kindle book.


At the end of the show, Kirsty put on the lights. As she did, something from the movie - a clue that everyone had missed except for Miss Marple - flashed into her mind.

20 comments:

  1. I've seen this popping up a bit lately. I hope you like it.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it late last night. It was okay, much darker than I was expecting and none of the characters were fully likable. It was quite atmospheric however and I can't imagine it being set elsewhere.

      Delete
  2. It's been way to long since I've stopped by. So "Hi" hope you're well and enjoying this book.
    My 56 can be found here.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again. :) See my comment above for my thoughts on the book.

      Delete
  3. Love your 56. Sounds very good. Please check out mine...http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice snippet!

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/07/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been seeing this around recently and I like the sound of it. I might give it a go.

    here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/17/the-friday-56-69-grey-daze-by-author-michael-allan-scott/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can borrow it for free from Amazon if you have Prime.

      Delete
  6. I hope you are still enjoying this one. I'm spotlighting Silver Mirrors by A. A. Aguirre this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay.I hope you're enjoying your book!

      Delete
  7. Love the cover and excerpt...and now I want to know more. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “FREEDOM’S CHILD”

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the book is a mystery in the style of Agatha Christie? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, actually, it's not. But, the heroine is an Agatha Christie fan. :)

      Delete
  9. I have no idea what this is really about. Now I'm intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Amazon Prime, you can borrow it for free. :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like she was connecting some dots of her own.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!