BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 12, 2015

The Friday 56: Manhattan Mayhem, by Mary Higgins Clark, et al

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reading a mystery anthology, "Manhattan Mayhem", edited by Mary Higgins Clark. The quote is from 56%  in the egalley, the short story "Copycats" by N.J. Ayres.



"A mechanic came in from the garage at the same time Sam pulled open the shop door and asked Izzy if that was the tire delivery."

12 comments:

  1. I was just looking at this the other day - sounds interesting!

    Check out my 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read that many short stories. This one does sound interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, I avoid short stories. I want to spend longer with the characters than a short story allows. Check out my 56s and BBs at 21 and 22 on Freda's linky. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in an anthology kind of mood right now because I think my attention span is dealing better with those than long complicated plots right now. From what I can see of the authors most of them are ones I haven't read but have wanted too and Clark is one I've been wanting to catch back up on. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been ogling this one...it does sound enticing. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “EIGHT HUNDRED GRAPES”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. Thanks! Please just check mine here ... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this one until now, I'm definitely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure what to make of the 56, but I am enamored with the premise and cover. I love short stories, and NYC.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not heard of this anthology, but might look it up as I like mysteries. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great anthology, especially since it's edited by Mary Higgins Clark.
    My Friday post features Widow’s Tears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not read a book of hers in a while. This one sounds good and that cover is interesting too:)

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/12/the-friday-56-65-the-scale/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!