BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Friday 56 Symbiont by Mira Grant

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

After the glut of Christmas romances that I read for the Ho Ho Ho Read-A-Thon, I needed something with some meat to it. I decided the newest Parasitology book, Symbiont by the ever fabulous Mira Grant, fit the bill. It's a science fiction dystopian, set 13 years in the future. The quote is from page 56  in the hard cover.




The man standing on the other side was almost an anti-climax. He was barefoot, and his pants were unfastened, like he had been in the process of getting undressed when his thoughts became scrambled and unclear. 

7 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this author but haven't read any of her books. This sounds like a good one.
    My Friday post features THE 13 OF HEARTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I wonder why he's in such a state of undress. Hope you're enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one piques my curiosity...I, too, am wondering why he's in a state of undress. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE TWILIGHT HOUR”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not ever heard of The Friday 56 but this sounds fun. I might do this next Friday if I can remember. :) I have not read Mira Grant as I am not much into zombies and that is the only books by her I know..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting moment...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting book, but I must admit, I can use some of the holiday romances about now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite an intriguing excerpt, Bea.

    Thanks for visiting my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!