BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blog Ahead Challenge!

http://www.herdingcats-burningsoup.com/2014/09/sign-up-blog-ahead-nanowrimo-bloggy.html

Why yes, that is another challenge picture; why yes, I'm doing another challenge; why yes, I'm nuts. You should know that by now.  :P

This one is practical - get ahead on blogging  by writing and scheduling posts ahead of time. I'm much better at that these these days. A year ago, I rarely scheduled posts ahead, waiting until the last minute. When I first started blogging, it took me months to figure out how to schedule a post. While I still procrastinate on many posts, I do it less often as life is just too busy these days. So this challenge is perfect while not too easy - getting 30 posts done will keep me busy but the end result will be well worth it. At the moment I have 8 posts scheduled and about 5 in drafts (not including some that are permanently in drafts such as templates). :D


From the sign up post at Herding Cats & Burning Soup:

At the end of the month of Nov you'll have 30 additional pre-schedules than when you started the month. 
ex--If you Start with 5 pre schedules--End with 35 pre schedules
     Start with 10 pre schedules-- End with 40 pre schedules



Who Can Join
Any blogger. New, seasoned, Blogger, Wordpress
Any heat level, genre or theme, etc


Types of Posts
Anything you want :)
meme, review, guest post, interview, discussion, etc. 
It doesn't have to be book related.

What to do Next!
Sign Up Below! 
(Reminders will be sent out mid-Oct)
Create a blog post to keep track of your goals & for people to drop by and give their support!
(this can be done anytime from now until Nov 1st)
If you'd like to do more...
Spread the Word--invite your friends/fellow bloggers!
Join the FB group
(this can be a pretty hard challenge--come get/give some blogger support!)
Add the Blog Ahead button to your blog


I'll post an update about how I did every week n my Sunday Share post and a final wrap up at the end of the month in my monthly challenge wrap up post. Feel free to comment here through the end of November, providing encouragement and butt-kicks, as needed. :D

13 comments:

  1. Woots! Thanks for joining in Bridget! I'm doing better these days too. Those early days were rough doing it all last minute. Good luck with the challenge :) And I've got you updated on the linky list to this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. those last minute posts all the time were stressful. Scheduling is much better.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're joining in too! Can't wait to get started with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been excited since Anna mentioned it. It'll be fun.

      Delete
  3. This is a really cool challenge. Glad to see it exists :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa...I can't imagine doing that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. It's definitely going to be a challenge.

      Delete
  5. Ug. I'm lucky if I can schedule for the week on the weekend before. lol. I sometimes get scheduled a week ahead, but a month? I don't know. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is ambitious but I'll be happy with having additional posts ready to go even if I don't hit 30.

      Delete
  6. I joined last minute. This is a challenge that I must succeed with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!