If you enjoy writing and want to see if anyone (besides family and friends, that is) is interested in reading it, and maybe pick up some cash, here's an opportunity for you to consider.
DearReader.com, a book club site of sorts that tempts readers with excerpts from books in a variety of genres, is challenging amateur writers to share their best writing. Winners can receive up to $300 for their original work.
You can also find more information here.
- Deadline: August 12, 2012
- Maximum word count is 650 words. (Please be sure to count your words.)
- Submit original entries that have not been previously published.
- Feel free to submit more than one entry.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Your story will be judged on style and content.
- Email your DearReader entry to: contest@DearReader.com