BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sign-up & Tracking Post for Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon 2016

http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2016/09/ho-ho-ho-readathon-november-9th-15th-signup.html

Once again, I'm joining in this read-a-thon. It's one of the few I do It's a lot of fun, challenging but not insanely so, and doesn't make you jump through endless hoops. The idea is to read as many winter or holiday themed books as you can in the week from November 9th through November 15th.

Here are rules, copied from the post on Caffeinated Book Reviewer:

Read-a-thon Rules
  • Link-up (it is not necessary to link to goal post, just link to account/blog you will be using)
  • Before or on November 9th post a goals post to your blog. (if you do not have a blog post to another social media site such as Goodreads, Facebook, Google+ etc ) Be sure and link back to Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It might be a good idea to friend, like or follow me on whatever social media site you use so we can see your progress. Just mention Ho-Ho-Ho so I can follow you back.
  • Grab the button and share!
  • Participate in at least one challenge to be eligible for grand prize
  • Read/listen to as many holiday themed or winter setting books you can.
  • Tweet your progress using #HoHoHoRAT
  • Twitter Party! Tuesday November 15, 2015 at 7:30 pm (EST) #HoHoHoRAT  Come chat about the books you have read. There will be prizes.
  • Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget and rules will post on November 9th at/by 8 am (EST)
  • Read-a-thon starts on November 9th 12:o1 am (your time zone) and ends on November 15 at 11:59 pm(your time zone)
  • Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 9th and stay open until Nov 15th at 11:59 pm (EST)
  • Grand Prize Raffle will be open until November 16th at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit entries.
  • All winners of challenges and grand prize will be notified by November 20th.

I have less time to read than in previous years so my goal list is shorter this year and as always, it's subject to change. Here's the tentative list:

Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan (romance)
Eggnog Murder by Leslie Meier, Lee Hollis, and Barbara Ross (Mystery anthology)
Holiday with A Twist by Shannon Stacey (romance)
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (fantasy) (I haven't read this since high school, but have read many books and seen many movies inspired by it. Time to re-read the original!)
 The Klaus Brothers Boxed Set (Klaus Brothers #1-3) by Penny Watson (paranormal romance)

Progress:

11/9 - started Holiday with A Twist by Shannon Stacey
11/10 - finished Holiday with A Twist ; started Kismet and Cocoa by Dominique Eastwick in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology
11/11 - started Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan 
11/13 - finished Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan; started Silver Bells & Cat Tails by L.J. Garland in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology
11/13 - finished Silver Bells & Cat Tails by L.J. Garland in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology; started Meri Chris Mess by Dara Fraser in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology
11/13 - finished Meri Chris Mess by Dara Fraser in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology; started The Little Match Girl and the Billionaire by Kate Richards in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology
11/14 - finished The Little Match Girl and the Billionaire by Kate Richards in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology; started Check Yes or No by Anastasia Vitsky in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology
11/15 - finished Check Yes or No by Anastasia Vitsky in the Sweet Christmas Kisses Anthology 

Will you be joining in? Have you made a list? Share your link or list in the comments! 

ETA 11/16:

Well, I didn't read as much as I had hoped. I did finish three books, two new ones and one from last year.  How did you do?

15 comments:

  1. I love HoHo Readathon and I must sort out my books for it. I haven't read any of yours, not even A Christmas Carol but I do like the idea of reading it. Happy reading Bea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not 100% positive that I have read A Christmas Carol but it would have beeb in high school if I did so time to read/reread it. :D

    Have fun and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this. It looks like fun. I don't know if I'll be able to fit this into my review schedule. I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I would be doing this so I left spaces in my review schedule. But you don't have to post to your blog; you can post to goodreads or Amazon if that's easier.

      Delete
  4. I love your reading list! I plan to listen to A Christmas Carol (the Jim Dale recording; we love him!) and I wish I had a copy of Christmas on 5th Avenue because I like Sarah Morgan. Have fun and I look forward to seeing which of these you read during the HoHoHoRAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe I'll see about getting the audio version. I imagine Dale does a good job. I like Sarah Morgan too and I'm looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  5. Man this one's coming up soon. I'm glad though, I like this readathon. I'm looking forward to some holiday reads- since my scary reads are apparently a bust lol, maybe I'll just segue into holiday stuff. I need more holiday themed thrillers, if there is such a thing.

    Glad you're joining in Bea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your scary reads were a bust. :( I hope you have better luck with the holiday reads. And yes, there are holiday themed thrillers, though there are more holiday themed cozies.

      Delete
  6. Good luck, Bea! I've never read A Christmas Carol. It's one of the many classics I'd love to read, but need to make time for them. Maybe if I can get a bunch of review books done next year I can do a Classics marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a classics marathon. That would be good, I'd join in.

      Delete
  7. I signed up for this and have a couple of books for it but I haven't been in a Christmas reads mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this readathon! Haven't made my list quite yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about a dozen books that qualify so my list is very tentative and subject to change.

      Delete
  9. I reread A Christmas Carol as an adult. Every book is a different experience as we get older. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!