Welcome to my stop on the tour for "SEAL My Home" by Sharon Hamilton. Military men are hard to resist, so I didn't. :D I have a character profile of Megan, the book's heroine, an excerpt, and a tour wide giveaway. Enjoy!
by Sharon Hamilton
Bad boy Rory Kennedy was raised in foster care, bouncing in and out of trouble along the way. He finds his true family and real brothers as a Navy SEAL, one of the Navy’s elite warriors. When his BUD/S instructor barked the SEAL’s Motto: Only Easy Day Was Yesterday, he knew he had found home.
Megan Palmer works in a bookstore and finds her passion in life through reading steamy romance novels. Her brief affair with a man she later found out was married has left her damaged, until she meets the handsome SEAL, who stands ready to open her world and give her things she’s only dreamed.
On a skiing trip, Rory suffers a possible career-ending injury and also comes face to face with a past he never knew of, and a family who had abandoned him. His relationship with Megan is tested to the breaking point as Rory wades through the dark waters of recovery and whether or not he can live without the life he loves. A home-grown terrorist cell forces his hand and he discovers his true purpose.
Available for purchase at
1. Name: Megan Palmer
2. Age: 23
3. General physical description:
Hair Color: Brown, with highlights, long
Eye Color: Blue
Eye Color: Blue
4. Hometown: Northern California, Monterey/Salinas area
5. Type of home/ neighborhood: Live in a rented cottage next to a large home in San Diego.
6. Relationship status: My boyfriend is a Navy SEAL, SO Rory Kennedy
7. Current family: My parents and younger brother were killed in the Twin Towers on 9-11 when I was a freshman in College. The inheritance I received enabled me to finish and pay for my college and have a little left over so I could subsidize my reading addiction. I work in a big box book store with a coffee shop attached to it.
8. Family background (parents, previous marriages, etc.): Never married. Relatively inexperienced when it comes to men. Raised by loving parents, who were killed on a trip to show my little brother New York City. I was in college.
9. Other close relationships: Best friend: Lindsay (she’s also married to a SEAL, Brady)
10. Job: Store clerk, Big Box Book Store
11. Dress style: casual most of the time.
12. Favorite pastimes/ Hobbies: Reading. More Reading. Reading some more.
13. Favorite foods: Simple, fresh foods, not fancy. I’m not a sweets person.
14. Strongest positive personality trait: I’m cheerful. I hate loud obnoxious people. I hate users or people overly impressed with themselves. I can’t stand being lied to. I can entertain myself in any corner with a book. I’ve learned that I can use my smarts and my alertness to make good, calm, decisions. I’ve learned I don’t get paralyzed with fear.
15. Strongest negative personality trait: I guess I’d have to say I’m a little afraid, especially of men. I don’t “sell” myself, and that’s probably not a good thing. I’m an introvert who lives in the world of books, especially romance novels.
16. Temperament: Easy going. Loyal. Not impressed with power. Rory has helped me discover I love sex and I think that’s a good thing.
17. How other people see him/her: Megan wouldn’t stand out in a crowd, but she’d be the person women would love as a VBB because she would be loyal to the friendship. She gets talked into things, and that gets her into trouble. She says yes a lot when she really should say no. She wants to have a loving family around her, like the one she lost.
18. Opinion of him/herself: She will say of herself that she hasn’t had enough life experiences, and is perhaps too naïve.
19. Ambitions: Find a stable relationship I can count on and stay put. Raise a family and live my life’s adventures in the pages of a good romance novel.
20. Philosophy of life: I’m always looking for those rainbows or that happily ever after, and I’m okay if I don’t spend much time in the reality of life, especially the ugly side of life.
21. Most important thing to know about this character: She doesn’t give herself enough credit. She’s very resourceful and smart. Passionate. Loves sex because it takes her on a journey to another place.
22. Will readers like or dislike this character, and why? I think they will root for Megan, will want her to meet the guy who rocks her world, who isn’t put off or afraid of her quiet, gentle charm, and can reach across the table and kiss her like she needs to be kissed.
About the Author
NYT and USA/Today Bestselling Author Sharon Hamilton’s SEAL Brotherhood series have earned her Amazon author rankings of #1 in Romantic Suspense, Military Romance and Contemporary Romance. Her characters follow a sometimes rocky road to redemption through passion and true love. Her Golden Vampires of Tuscany earned her a #1 Amazon author ranking in Gothic Romance.
A lifelong organic vegetable and flower gardener, Sharon and her husband live in the Wine Country of Northern California, where most of her stories take place.
You can find Sharon at
Cover Designed by