BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, January 12, 2015

Quote-Tastic: Against the Dark by Carolyn Crane


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in - authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Just grab the button and put up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.  Quote-tastic is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup.

I won this book a few months ago after it had been on my wish list for several years. It's a romantic suspense with a hero both brainy and skilled in fighting. The heroine is a semi-reformed criminal who is also smart, skilled and spunky. This scene occurs when they first notice each other and Angel is ruminating about her luck with men.



"Dangerously self-destructive man at oh-four-hundred hours. Angel, start your engine."
"It's not funny. At all."
They used to joke about it back in the day - if they wanted to know if a guy was troubled or self-destructive in some way, they just needed to check if Angel thought he was hot. 
Bad boyfriend radar, they called it.
Because if Angel was attracted to a guy, it meant he was probably wounded or feral, a doomed thug with a hurricane for a heart. It meant that she could love him, but never save him.
Which was why she didn't date men she was attracted to anymore, a policy that made for a shitty sex life, but the new and reformed Angel was all about avoiding trouble. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I just bought this book a few weeks back. Good quote. I hope you liked it.

    Mine
    http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/quote-tastic-dirty-angels-by-karina.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did; I need to get the rest of the series.

      Delete
  2. Oh man. It's been a long while since I've read her. I need to do a lot of catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the sound of this. I haven't read anything by Carolyn Crane before but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!