BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Friday 56 #41 Deadly Gift by Heather Graham

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join in the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reading an romantic mystery with a hint of paranormal, "Deadly Gift", by Heather Graham. The quote is from page 56  in the paperback.


"So where's Amanda?"
"At the hotel. She was feeling all wrung out from the stress of worrying about me, taking care of me...you know. Anyway, I told her to take some time today. Get herself a massage. She'll be around later tonight. She's anxious to see you." 

16 comments:

  1. Poor Amanda, at least she's getting a massage!
    My Friday memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, a massage is good any time or so I hear.

      Delete
  2. I love Heather Graham so no more needs to be said. :-)
    sherry @ My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of trilogies...may give this one a try.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/09/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the first two but I often start them out of order.

      Delete
  4. I wonder why Amanda is taking care of everyone except herself! A massage is definitely deserved. And maybe a movie night with a glass of red wine! Also, you accidentally wrote Andy McDermott as the author in the post ;) Happens to me all the time, I once went weeks talking about the wrong author before someone told me! Thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to always read Heather Graham's books. This sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just won a new book by Heather Graham. I have a shelf full of her books and this is one of them. Looking forward to reading it soon.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/19/the-friday-56-37-eating-sarah-by-jaret-martens/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I don't usually enjoy paranormal stories, this one sounds really good. I'll give Heather Graham a try.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: The Merry-Go-Round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to check this one out. Sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy Heather Graham's books. I have at least 2 that I'm looking forward to reading. This one sounds fun as well. I would't mind a massage myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is she so stressed I wonder?!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!