BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 15, 2014

Quote-Tastic #55 Reckoning by S.J. Harper


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in - authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Just grab the button and put up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.  Quote-tastic is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup.

This is from an urban fantasy mystery, "Reckoning", by S.J. Harper. It's the second book in the series. Emma and Zack are FBI partners and former lovers. In this scene, they're on their way to arm themselves for a rescue.

You can read my review of "Reckoning" here

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20949486-reckoning


"Betty?"
"Sweetest custom tactical you'll ever see."
"You named your rifle Betty?" I can't help myself, laughter breaks through my shell of anxiety and bubbles out. "Why do men insist on naming things-cars, guns, their junk?"
Zack shakes his head, "Couldn't tell you. Although. I can say that Mr. Peebles objects mightily to the term junk."
"Mr. Peebles?" Now I'm laughing so hard I can hardly breathe and can barely see. "Mr. Peebles?"
"I'm pretty sure laughing at a guy's...junk...constitutes harassment." He's grinning from ear to ear.
I try to catch my breath. As soon as can manage it it I say, "It's just 
I would have thought you'd pick something more, I don't know, manly-like Conan, Thor...Hugh Jackman."
"Wolverine? Seriously?"




11 comments:

  1. I need to start this series. I've had it on my TBR. Great Quote! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaha that's excellent. I have the first one on my wish list for one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it, when you get around to reading it. :)

      Delete
  3. I. Need. This. Series.
    Seriously I love what everyone's saying about it and it sounds so good!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL! I like giving my gadgets names too! Heck even my motorcycle helmet has a name (Helmie). But really? Mr. Pebbles? O_o; I love this quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I rarely name my gadgets except for my e-readers and I don't understand men giving names to their junk. :D

      Delete
  5. Haha.. it'll be so weird if a guy names his... junk... Hugh Jackman. Pfft. I can't even type the sentence without bursting into laughters. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know. Can you just imagine? Giggle snort.

      Delete
  6. Haha that isn't quite the name you would expect. Fun excerpt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!