BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cat Thursday - Cute Cat for the Win!


 Welcome to the weekly meme hosted by The True Book Addict that celebrates cats; their foibles and humorousness and the joy they bring. You can join in by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you made or came across, cat art or share with us pics of your own felines, then post your link up at The True Book Addict.

So, I've mentioned before that I sometimes share the pics of Goof on my cell phone with the kids in my classes.The other day one of my girls, who was procrastinating using the toilet, asked to see Goof. I told her to use the potty and when she was done, we'd look at Goof. Off she trots to the bathroom.

Then, one of my boys who had finished snack and didn't want to put his dishes away, asked to see Goof. So I told him to put his dishes away and we'd look at Goof. Off he trots to the kitchen.

When they were done, we looked at pictures of Goof and of course, other children gathered around to look. :D I wonder if I could convince my employer to give Goof a stipend as a teaching assistant? Not that what I did was best teaching practice but sometimes you just do what works.

These are their current favorite pictures:



Cute cats, motivational tool for toddlers and a teacher's friend. :D

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They call that one Crazy Eyes or Blue Eyes. :)

      Delete
  2. LOL gotta do what ya gotta do. *nods* Love the glowy eyes. Those always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I say whatever works! I don't blame them for wanting to see more Goof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goof is the best teaching assistant ever, even has shiny eyes to get the stipend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use his pictures as motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, so cute. You definitely convince the school to let him be your teacher's assistant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when they have those big eyes. The pupils are all black. Such a cute kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cat especially with the glowing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great story! I say, whatever works. Kids love animals so much so you're actually doing them a favor. :) I do think Goof deserves some form of compensation. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!