BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Friday 56 #15 Sins of the Demon by Diana Rowland

 
This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

I'm reading an urban fantasy, "Sins of the Demon" by Diana Rowland. The quote is from page 56  in the paperback.


I let out a sigh. I didn't know of any other summoners in the area, but that didn't mean there weren't any. As far as I knew there were only a few hundred in the world, but even that was simply a slightly educated guess. We tended to be pretty private about our activities, for obvious reasons.

Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

  1. I'm definitely curious about the summoners. Who are they and what are their "activities?"
    Here's the link to my Friday post: STRONGER THAN THE REST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Bea. Here's my Friday post:
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds good. One of my favorite series is urban fantasy. Be looking forward to your review.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting cover. Thanks for sharing

    Ruty@THE FRIDAY 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting one. I've been wanting to try urban fantasy but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The writing style doesn't sound too sophisticated. How is the book shaping up? Anne's Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summoners? Sounds intriguing! I don't know that I've read any urban fantasy. I'd love for you to check out my Friday 56 post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing 56... sounds like a book I'd like. Pretty cool cover too!

    Happy weekend & happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a freakin awesome cover this has. I like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the heck is a summoner? Very intriguing Friday 56!

    Linking from Friday 56,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser and I think I may own this ! *confession of a book addict*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!