BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cat Thursday - Unlikely Buddies

 
Welcome to the weekly meme hosted by The True Book Addict that celebrates cats; their foibles and humorousness and the joy they bring. You can join in by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you made or came across, cat art or share with us pics of your own felines, then post your link up at The True Book Addict.


 

This picture reminds me of  a guinea pig we had growing up. My older brother had a guinea pig named Rabbit and his cage was on the floor of the kitchen. Most of the cats (we had five) ignored him but my sister's cat Clover seemed to think that Rabbit was just an odd looking cat who lived in a cage. He would curl up next to the cage, with his back pressed against it. Over time, Rabbit came to realize that Clover meant no harm and they would curl up back to back, their bodies touching in between the bars. Rabbit would squeak happily when Clover came into the kitchen and they would press their noses together through the bars.

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable story and picture too. I always get people asking me how we can have Cats and a Siberian Husky as the breed is high prey drive. Isis (husky) was raised with the kitties from the time she was 8 weeks old. Nobody gave her the memo I guess, the cats have been a bit more meh about her. Until little Pash Pash of course...that is his Puppy and he loves her. Always curls up with her, rubs on her ect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so cute!! I never knew there could be such a cool day of the week. Now cat thursday will be my favorite day of the week, haha thanks a lot for sharing. :D

    p.s. new follower. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute!! Herd baby Gladys when she was just a few weeks old was my bottle baby. I had a foster teddy bear hamster at the time and the two hung out a bit. Have some really cute little photos of them. Love the mixed matched pairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I had an extremely mean cat that looked almost like that.. She attacked everyone but me, and hated other cats. But she babied my pet rat. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet! I've heard other stories of cats befriending guinea pigs and rabbits and such. I bet it was a sight to see. =O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!