BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Monday, May 13, 2013

Quote-Tastic #2




Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup has created a new weekly meme. Want to join along?
  Click on the link above. Anna is posting hers on Mondays, as am I, but you can choose any day of the week that works for you. Leave me a link in your comment and I will check out your quotes!

This week's quote is from Loki's Wolves, which I read over the weekend. Click on the cover to go its goodreads page.


Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr
Champion? Really? No, really? I'm not ven in high school yet, and they expect me to fight some giant serpent and save the world? 

This isn't just some boxing experiment. It's the world. 

Matt didn't quite get how that worked. Kill the serpent; save the world. That's how it was supposed to go. In the myth of Ragnarok, the gods faced off against the monsters. If they defeated the monsters, the world would continue as it was. If  the monsters won, they'd take over. If both sides died-as they did in the myths predicting Ragnarok-the world would be plunged into an ice age.

What if the stories are real?

But if the stories aren't real, then Thor isn't real. ha amulet around your neck isn't real. Your power isn't real

Except it obviously was. Which meant...

Even thinking about that made Matt's stomach churn and his head hurt and his feet ache to run home. Just race home and jump in bed and pull up the covers and hide. Puke and hide: the strategy of champions.

6 comments:

  1. ::snort:: omg puke and hide the strategy of champions. seriously busted out laughing. That would so be me. lol

    Thanks for joining in this week Bea! Loved the quote :)

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized that last week's quote had puke in it too. Hmm, this could be a recurring theme. :D

      Delete
  2. Great quote!! I love the puke thing too lol. But also, this sounds like it would be a lot of fun. "kill the serpent. Save the world." And then it makes me think of Vikings (the tv show) cause of Rangnorok, so it definitely sparks my interest more now that I actually understand some of the references. See, tv doesn't rot the brain lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV can be educational sometimes. :D This book is all about Ragnarok and it a nice primer to Norse myths so it might be something you'd like.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!