BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Excerpt from "When You Wish Upon A Duke" by Isabella Bradford


OK, first of all, I LOVE the purples used in this cover; lovely and eye-catching. But. speaking of eyes, where are they? Where's her head? It's mostly chopped of by the title header. Why? While the colors are gorgeous, overall the cover doesn't say romance to me, it says "historical about dress making". Very odd design choice in my not at all humble opinion. But, the purples, they are lovely! They call my name. :D

Book Blurb:

In a sparkling new series filled with irresistible charm and sizzling romance, award-winning author Isabella Bradford introduces us to the eldest of three Wylder sisters—unruly country girls whose passion for life leaves their London suitors breathless.

Raised in the Dorset countryside, Lady Charlotte Wylder doesn’t care one bit about well-bred decorum. The dark-haired, blue-eyed beauty would rather ride a horse than attend a stuffy ball. So when Charlotte learns that she is to leave immediately for London to wed the Duke of Marchbourne, a perfect model of aristocratic propriety, she is less than enchanted with her arranged marriage.

But to her delight, their first encounters are brazenly flirtatious, and their wedding night burns with passion. March’s broad shoulders and dark countenance make Charlotte want to rip every button off his waistcoast. She may even be falling in love with her new husband. Yet whenever their desire boils over, March reluctantly pushes Charlotte away. Will past secrets and present misunderstandings mire their marriage in scandal, or serve to strengthen a bond that is destined to last a lifetime?

Thanks to Random House, I have a review copy sitting on my kindle and you should see a review this month or early next month. In the meantime, to whet your appetite, here is a link to an excerpt. Check it out and then come back and share your impressions. The book is out now, so if you like it, you can buy it immediately

ETA: The original link didn't work; this new one worked for me, please let me know if it doesn't work for you.

4 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to read this one from Edelweiss and I looooved it! Great start to a new series and the second one is just as good! :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good to know, thanks! I did enjoy the excerpt so I have high hopes.

      Delete
  2. omg! I love the cover and I really love the title. I'm ready to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm a little more than halfway through and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!