BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Saturday, February 6, 2016

January Challenge Wrap Up


I was ambitious this year. I'm hosting 4 challenges, participating in additional 4 year-long challenges, and will do various short-term challenges throughout the year. Let's see how I did and you can share your accomplishments in the comments.


COYER Going Back to Basics 2015-2016 - Goal: 12


1. Everything She Wanted by Jennifer Ryan
2. The Brimstone Deception by Lisa Shearin
3. Road to Hell by Krista D. Ball
4. Extreme Honor by Piper J. Drake
5. Blood In Her Veins by Faith Hunter
6. A Prisoner in Malta by Philip DePoy
7. Blind Justice by Ethan Cross
8. On Thin Icing by Ellie Alexander

TOTAL: 8 I got off to a slow start but now I'm catching up. :)

NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge - Goal: 75



1. Everything She Wanted by Jennifer Ryan
2. The Brimstone Deception by Lisa Shearin 
3. Extreme Honor by Piper J. Drake
4. Blood In Her Veins by Faith Hunter
5. A Prisoner in Malta by Philip DePoy 
6. On Thin Icing by Ellie Alexander
7. Kill Without Mercy by Alexandra Ivy

TOTAL:

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge - Goal: 7


1.  The Brimstone Deception by Lisa Shearin (SPI Files)
2.   On Thin Icing by Ellie Alexander (A Bakeshop Mystery)


TOTAL: 2 books, 2 series, neither of which were part of my sign-up list. :D Series completed: SPI Files, A Bakeshop Mystery.

Dust Off Your Classics - a very informal challenge hosted by Between My Lines and Dee's Reads. There's no sign up or goals. I am aiming for 1 a month. 


1.  Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Total: 1

Blogger Shame - Goal: 24


1.  A Godsend by Dalma Heyn - I actually DNFed this so it doesn't count.


TOTAL: 0 I'm not off to a good start. :(

I Love Libraries  - Goal: 24


TOTAL: 0 I've been focusing on books already in my possession.

I Love Picture Books - Goal: 50


5. Trucks by Anne F. Rockwell
6. Baby Bear Sees Blue by Ashley Wolff
7. Garden  by DK Publishing
8. Usborne Sparkly Touchy-feely Mermaids by
9. Mangia! Mangia! by by
10. Hola! Jalapeno by Amy Wilson Sanger
11. First Book of Sushi by Amy Wilson Sanger
12. Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton
13. Hush Little Baby by Sylvia Long
14. Creature Colors by 
15. How Big Is A Pig? by Stella Blackstone
16. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Marti Jr, Illustrated by Eric Carle
17. Baby Beluga by
18. To Be A Kid by
19. Sheep in a Jeep by
20. On Mother's Lap by
21. The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear byDon Wood, Audrey Wood
22. Oh, David! A Diaper David Book byDavid Shannon
23. Sleep All Day, Play All Night: An Opposites Book by
24. That's Not My Bunny by Fiona Watt
25. How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs? by
26. I Went Walking by
27. But Not the Hippopotamus by
28. Our Kind of Bird by
29. Dear Zoo: A Lift The Flap Book byRod Campbell

TOTAL: 29 Teaching in a toddler classroom is conducive to reading lots of picture books. :D I may need to up my goal. 


TOTAL: 3

Not the best start but I was in a reading, and review writing, funk last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!