BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Book Share #102

 
http://www.talksupeblog.com/search/label/Bought%20Borrowed%20and%20Bagged

 I'm participating in The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer; Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews; Bought Borrowed and Bagged, hosted by TalkSupe; and Library Loot co-hosted by The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief. All of these memes are about sharing the print and digital books received and/or posts and events on the blog.

Well, Friday was my last day at school. I'm taking next week off, so to speak, and helping my local Habitat for Humanity affiliate pack up and move offices. Their new office will be significantly closer to where I live so I'm excited about that. Then I dive back into the job hunt. Meanwhile, the fish are settling in (Goof still has not met them), the ragweed is in bloom and making me miserable, and some terrific books came in.

The Week In Review

Odd, interesting, or funny search phrases leading to the blog: "kinky pee quote" - I have...no idea where this came from and I don't think I want to know. smh


BOOKS! - click on the cover to go the book's goodreads page

Library 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7668801-the-hunt-for-atlantis


Review 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22401917-hard-returnhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20388225-more-than-magic
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15748529-the-winter-longhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821263-shifting-shadows
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22924051-limelighthttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22907495-black-water

Review Consideration

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18775231-one-of-us

Did you add any books to your shelves or e-readers last week? Leave a link to your Sunday Post so I can visit you during the week.

16 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the job hunt. It's a nightmare so taking a week off can be worth it. i need to find a place to volunteer some of my time. I think I might google that now. Habitat for Humanity is one of the places I should look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been with Habitat for @15 years. It's a good group.

      Delete
  2. Did you find another job and I missed the news? I knew you were leaving this one. My father-in-law is on the board/committee for Habitat for Humanity in North Carolina. They do good stuff. Shifting Shadows so rocked! Enjoy your new lovelies and I hope you get some reading in this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no new job yet. I'm still looking. I am excited about Shifting Shadows, especially the new stories.

      Delete
  3. Seriously Bea what are you writing about?? I had no idea you were so smutty! :) I'm having a terrible time with allergies as well so you have my full sympathies. My problems seem to be mostly in my eyes so I wander around looking like I was on the losing end of a fist fight. It's a good look. Interesting books this week - I especially like the look of The Hunt for Atlantis. Have a great week and good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be pretty smutty but that one, no. Not for me. People are weird.

      My allergies morphed into a sinus infection and asthma flare so I'm even more miserable. I hope your allergies clear up soon.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the job hunt...I've been wanting to quit my job for years but the prospect of finding a new and hopefully better one (I'm always afraid of jumping from the pan into the fire) is daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job hunt - relax with some reading when you need a break
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. More than Magic looks good, hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of books. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with the job hunt, Bea. I know it must be a bit nerve-wracking, especially now that you're done with your current job. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for - or if not, something even better!

    Sorry about the allergies. I've had some trouble with mine, too, but mostly my eyes (unless that's part of the same darn virus I'm still getting over.) I hope it doesn't kick up your asthma too much.

    Your new books look great. One of these days I will try Seanan McGuire and Patricia Briggs. I've already got More Than Magic on my "someday" list, and the Atlantis book cover looks intriguing - I'll check it out on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the job hunt and I hope you enjoy your week off.
    Nice haul this week, I also have More than Magic to review as well.
    Have a great week.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your search phrases are hilarious, makes you wonder sometimes LOL. Some nice covers on those review books.

    the Hunt for Atlantis looks kinda good. Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that you are sick Bea.... I hope you get better quickly!
    Enjoy your new reads!

    Here's My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. No luck on the job hunt? That is such a bummer. Glad the fish are thriving. Yuck to the allergies. Wow! Look at all that terrific UF up there. Enjoy your books. Have a great last week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need some PBriggs in my life again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!