BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Book Share #101

 
http://www.talksupeblog.com/search/label/Bought%20Borrowed%20and%20Bagged

 I'm participating in The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer; Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews; Bought Borrowed and Bagged, hosted by TalkSupe; and Library Loot co-hosted by The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief. All of these memes are about sharing the print and digital books received and/or posts and events on the blog.

Another quiet week, not much to say. My TBR pile crept up again, despite reading quite a few books and short stories. Ah well. Oh, I almost forgot! I have 2 new roommates; Goof hasn't discovered them yet. :D

They were from one of my classrooms; the teachers didn't want to take the fish to their new rooms in September so I said I'd bring them home with me. I haven't had fish in over 30 years. :D


The reddish fish is Thing 1.


 This is Thing 2.


The Week In Review

Odd, interesting, or funny search phrases leading to the blog: Searchers were less lusty than in previous weeks; "devil in hell" and "threesome" were back again plus some new ones - "mitchell maxwell broadway producer", "amityville horrible kelley armstrong", "cats and children", and "crouch the last town plot" 


BOOKS! - click on the cover to go the book's goodreads page

I read A LOT last week but even so, my TBR pile crept up for the second week in a row. Another blog tour book came in, I requested some books, received some books, and purchased one. 

Won

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13153802-back-to-you

I already had the ebook of this but I won the print version from the publisher. :)

Purchased

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22887113-box-of-1night-stands-21-sizzling-nights

On sale for only 99 cents! Check though before you hit buy in case the price has changed.

Kindle Unlimited

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17883467-midnight-sacrifice

This was on my wishlist, now it's on my Kindle :) I'm trying KU for 30 days free but I doubt I'll keep it.


Review 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22674236-hunter-s-trap


I'll be reviewing this next month.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22446920-love-on-the-boardwalk

This is for Romance at Random.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22559306-fatal-brushstroke

This is for a November blog tour.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821543-forbidden-groundhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19083253-no-time-to-die

Review Consideration

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19486751-harbor-islandhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20945757-i-want-it-that-way
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15985344-the-city

The Aguirre book was a surprise as it's the first time Harlequin has sent an unsolicited book and it's an ARC too, made my day!

The Gemmell book made me laugh; the publisher sent me a hardcover last year and now they've sent me the trade papaerback. They must really want me to review this book. :D

Did you add any books to your shelves or e-readers last week? Leave a link to your Sunday Post so I can visit you during the week.

32 comments:

  1. Thing 1 and Thing 2- love it! Wonder if Goof will find them interesting or just ignore them? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping he will ignore them. :D

      Delete
  2. Great names for the fish! Nice book haul this week, happy reading.
    Here is my weekly wrap
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things One and Two are cute. I have never had much success with fish and the cats never showed any interest in watching them or even eating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These fish seems hardy so I am hopeful. I have my fingers crossed for Goof.

      Delete
  4. The fish are very cute. I must say the Blue Fish has outstanding color. You got some great books this week. The Ann Aguirre book seems popular this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue fish really does, he's gorgeous. The Aguirre book was a nice surprise. :)

      Delete
  5. Our cats have ignored the fish we've had through the years so hopefully that will happen with you too. They're so peaceful and pretty! I have Harbor Island and plan on reading it soon. I've liked the 2 other books I've read by her though they were from a different series. I've been meaning to request Fatal Brushstroke and Forbidden Ground but had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me! Forbidden Ground especially looks good! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for Forbidden Ground; my sister really enjoys her books but this is my first by her.

      The fish are peaceful, which I appreciate. I hope Goof will leave them alone.

      Delete
  6. Oh, the fishes were there, oops, I wrote the com at the wrong place ! 21 stories of 1 night stands ? Your reading time promise to be hot ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's funny! My search words are still on the PG side. Your fish thingy is cool, too bad I suck at taking care of pets, they always end up dead in my care LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I get some odd search terms for sure. I'm hoping I can properly care for the fish; I'm not used to taking care of fish.

      Delete
  8. I have enjoyed several Melinda Leigh books..hope you enjoy Midnight Sacrifice.

    I'm also curious about the Jessica Scott book...enjoy!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just acquired a Hermit Crab and I haven't had on in years but my daughter insisted we are hoping the cat ignores it. Thing 1 and 2 are my favorite kind of fish so easy to take care of. We had one for a while.

    Lots of great books this week! Enjoy them

    Have a great week, Bea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul, Bea. I'm a big Carla Neggers fan. I met her a few times at BEA and she is really nice. Great looking fish, too.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to your new pets! I love their names XD Haven't heard of many of these books but I hope you enjoy them!!

    Check out my SS here!

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am amazed at you all participating in so many memes. It's a good idea to link them all together. So you're back in school, ours don't go back until September.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love beta fish and No Time to Die looks good. You always have the strangest search result..but they do make me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, your new roommates are cute. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new roommates are adorable :)

    Love on the Boardwalk looks good. Enjoy your books.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love Beta fish. They should live a really long time. I have had two in the past 10 years and I loved them both. They lived about 2 1/2 years each.

    <a href="http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2014/08/sunday-post_10.html”>Sunday Post</a>

    ReplyDelete
  17. When the kids were little each had a beta fish for a few years. Might be a good thing we don't have any now with 3 cats in the house. lol

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the more I visit bloggers at Sunday Post, the more I'm jealous at how many reviews they manage to write per week

    ReplyDelete
  19. pretty betas and I want it that way looks good, hope you love it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I grabbed Fatal Brushstroke from Netgalley a couple weeks ago - it sounded really interesting!

    The fish are too pretty - such vibrant colors. I don't think I've ever owned a fish, but they do seem like some of the least maintenance pets you could possibly get! Enjoy them and your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh two fish. I used to have betas all the time when I lived in PHX and now I don't have any. I should try one again. Yeah for the Aguirre book I am most curious to see what she does with NA. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool fish! You will love them!
    Enjoy your new reads Bea!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Several days since Sunday (sorry; I've been both sick and on vacation) and I'm hoping Thing 1 and Thing 2 haven't been too much temptation for Goof! Your new books all look fun and interesting, and yay for an unsolicited ARC - that means someone at Harlequin likes you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!