BEA'S BOOK NOOK "I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once." C. S. Lewis “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Book Share #100

 
http://www.talksupeblog.com/search/label/Bought%20Borrowed%20and%20Bagged

 I'm participating in The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer; Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews; Bought Borrowed and Bagged, hosted by TalkSupe; and Library Loot co-hosted by The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief. All of these memes are about sharing the print and digital books received and/or posts and events on the blog.

Another quiet week, really not much to say, though the blog was busy. I had a busy week at work and most nights I fell asleep on the couch. I hope to relax this weekend and recharge. I might go car shopping later today.

The Week In Review

Odd, interesting, or funny search phrases leading to the blog: Once again, the search phrases reflect the lusty mood of the searchers: "threesome", "blogger hot sex", "naked skyclad", and "naughty passages from books". :D


BOOKS! - click on the cover to go the book's goodreads page

Purchased

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21463664-cursed

I got an ARC from the author a few weeks ago but I also pre-ordered it so now I have two copies. :)

Library 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7711273-the-sleeping-beauty


Review - I failed at not requesting books although two were requested months ago.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22181706-wolf-slayerhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18170496-hideaway-cove
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22824464-burning-lovehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22393127-bewitching-boots


The top two books are part of series that I'm currently reading and the bottom two are for tours this month.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22736873-cold-run?ac=1

I'll have an excerpt from this up on Wednesday; not sure when I'll get it reviewed.

Kindle Freebies - and again I failed. I was doing pretty well for a few weeks. Oh well.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20505128-a-wedding-at-the-blue-moon-cafehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19243517-cursed
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14810424-cut-loose


Did you add any books to your shelves or e-readers last week? Leave a link to your Sunday Post so I can visit you during the week.

42 comments:

  1. Did you find a car??? And why is it a fail when you find books to read? I say YAY!!! At least you didn't get, like, 20 books! That might be a fail... maybe...

    Oh, and I hate when I have 2 ecopies on accident. I mean, what are you going to do with the other one? You can't exactly mail it out, right? UGH!

    Enjoy the rest of your relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No car yet, more shopping later today. I hate car shopping.

      I'm trying to get my TBR pile down and I acquired more books than I read last week. Oh well, books are good and they don't spoil. :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck car shopping. That can just be a nightmare. The part I had the most is haggling the price. Usually I have an easy time picking the car it's just awful to think I got scammed on the price. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck at haggling. I usually pay the sticker price. :(

      Delete
  3. Hope the weekend stays quiet and relaxing. I've heard the Iron Druid series is good, have not read them. And that Renaissance Faire mystery caught my eye- that might be a lot of fun. I'll have to check those out I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's excellent, I think you would like it.

      Delete
  4. Ooo car shopping..what fun. I hope you recharge my friend, and I am loving your book haul this week. We never seem to stop running. Today we did cake testing and bought more stuff or decorations. I am going to sit on my rear for the entire month of October. LOL Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be so ready for that break in October! Be sure you take it!

      Delete
  5. Hope you manage to recharge after such a busy week. Good luck with the car shopping I hope you find something you love. Nice haul this week, I haven't read any of those and I hope you enjoy them.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the shoutout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the car shopping! I went car shopping with a friend a while ago and it was a nightmare.
    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I can imagine. :(

      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  8. Oh, nice selection of new books...Bewitching Boots caught my eye, as I'm interested in Renaissance Faires.

    You're doing great on your challenges!

    Enjoy your week, and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy Ren faires too so that one caught me eye immediately.

      As for my challenges, thanks!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for showing Burning Love off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck car shopping! I know at some point in the next few years I'll have to do that again but I'm hoping to put it off as long as possible! I've been trying to cut down on the number of books I get as well but sometimes there are books we just have to request!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my current car for about 14 years so it's time for a new one but oh, I hate the process.

      Yes, some books simply have to be requested or otherwise acquired. :)

      Delete
  11. Is the couch a comfortable place to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is when it's planned and I stretch out. But these were unplanned; I fell asleep sitting up while reading, watching tv or working on the laptop.

      Delete
  12. You did very well, We all need time to recharge and refocus. I hope you find a car. Boy, you got a lot of books. Just came back from upstate. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do indeed need time to recharge. I hope you enjoyed your time upstate.

      Delete
  13. Yay car shopping. Hope you enjoy your books. The Wedding one looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hideaway cove looks good, I hope that you enjoy reading it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. O.O *cough* Oops *clears search history*

    I hate car shopping. Well, I hate any kind of shopping (except books), really, but big purchases are so stressful. Gah! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I figured it was either you or Anna @ Herding Cats, or maybe both of you.

      Book shopping is my fave shopping too.

      Delete
  16. Good luck with your car shopping. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a bad haul! And I had to go enter some of your giveaways!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... you have yummy covers this week! Hope you enjoy them and get that rest you need!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like I wasn't the only one unable to resist the books this week :) You picked up a few that I'm considering one clicking... not sure if I can resist... LOL

    Hope you got caught up and won't be so tired this week - I fell asleep a few nights this week a bit early with my nose in a book. That's always a bummer for me, because I didn't want to stop reading yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, car shopping! How did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with the car shopping, it is one my least favorite things to do. I want a little car with good gas milage and my husband wants this great big truck. O'well... Enjoy all the new books! :) Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice new reads. :) And quite the list of reviews up and coming. :)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bewitching Boots looks adorable:) And I fail all the time with the kindle freebies...I just don't have time to list them anymore. I have been better...no review books for me lately.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You can't complain about a quiet week and you didn't get that many books. I think Bewitching Boots looks like lots of fun. I will have to look that one up. Hope you have a wonderful week, Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck with the car shopping ! I hope this week is more relaxing for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let's talk!